586,082 active members*
3,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anilam Crusader Series M RS232 help required..

Hello all,

I am working on a cnc machine of ANAYAK which has cursader series M control system installed. I have a very few how now of these type of systems. It is working if i give it commands from the pannel available on controle system but i want to send the GCode from pC using rs232 to it. For this i have purchased bobCad software and download its driver for anilam Crusader Series M corntroller. I tried it with defualt setting of rs232 Controller doesnt seems to receive the correct data from pc. I have transfer data from controller to pc on hyper terminal in iso formate using its AUX commands and it is received on hyperterminal at 2400-7-E-1, I tried the same setting with bobCad but no scucess.

Please if someone can guide me where i am doing wrong. Ihave made simple straight cable for rs232. If some one have some metrial about rs232 setup or have experience of Crusader Series M with BobCad then please do share it soon.

Regards
    Adnan Ahmad
    www.technocrafts.com

This is from your neighbour to the East, may help http://www.cadem.com/ncnet/dnc-detai...crusader2m.pdf
    Often the three-wire cable is better to use (handshake jumpered).
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks

Thanks AL

I have tried this cable and Aux commands. whe i send the data from controller to PC on hyperTerminal it is receieved there with 8-N-1 with incomming charcters force to 7bit ascii. no other setting working on pc side.

while when i try to send the some NC file using hyperterminal to Controller(i.e PC to Controller) it is not receiving any data. I have initially doubt of mismatch port setting of rs232 but i have tried almost all settings but no results. Would you tell me what exactly port settings and Aux commands on controller side I should follow.

regards
    Adnan

hello ,

Yess i have made the right RS232 cable and now i am able to communicate to and from BOBCad software. The only thing what i want to know now is that there is continues download mode in controller what does it means. Also the zeroes of my XYZ tables are not adjusted if you know any hints then please tell.

regrads
    Dani