586,080 active members*
3,563 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

anilam contoller

Hi
    Hope this is the right place to try,as I got no answer's in the in my other
    post.We are about to buy a cnc mill with a anilam controller on it does any one have much experince with them .Also can you download solidworks drawings to them

Which model control? Most of them are pretty old and due for retro fit. Make sure its still working, but be aware that future repair will be difficult at best.

You have to convert your drawings to G code before download.

Karl

It is a brand new machine not sure of the model but will find out tomorrow

Scratch my comment then, I was thinking of the units on the old bridgeports, etc.

Make sure you get enough training before you install. At least in the states, vendors like to leave as soon as they've deliverred, and you've paid.

Karl

hi
    the model of contoller is 5300

Hey barnsey I run two machines with anilam 6000m and 4200t and it works great as far as i know the 5300 is almost the same as the 6000m. It is conversational and you can upload DXF files and set a toolpath to it, if the shape is not to complex it has a simple cam program that you can use to contour, pocket and a few other things all at the controller.

make sure you have an e-net card for upload of large files if you plan on doing dnc(tranfer time)

Beaker is right. If you have the conversational option you can run it in Anilam 3000 mode. That can read a DXF file. Do you want to program it in Conversational or G-Code. That control should do both (with the 3000 conversational option).

There is a training DVD available at my web site if your interested. I dont know if it will work on the Australian TV/DVD format.

Mike
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Oh, thanks, but I need work other

I need output the present position of probe, in Anilam 6000m, I do not find the command to write ( X, Y, Z values) to file or com port. Do you know this command.

Hijack undone! (sorry)

post moved to own thread