586,103 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Adding 4th axis to Doosan DNM 400-Fanuc 0i-mc. Difficult?

Adding 4th axis to Doosan DNM 400-Fanuc 0i-mc. Difficult?

Hello all!
    I have bought a new 4th axis for my machine, and the machine itself is prewired for 4th axis. I have talked to Fanuc, and I know what extra hardware to get to have it installed. I think I can manage the hardware installation myself. Question is, how about tweaking the parameters etc. in the controller? Is this difficult, should I call someone and have it done? I like to learn new stuff, but if this is a nightmare to get through I'll rather ask for a service guy to do it.

Thanks!

John

Re: Adding 4th axis to Doosan DNM 400-Fanuc 0i-mc. Difficult?

Hello Motordude :cheers:

How is your Doosan DNM 400?

Did you get that 4th axis installed?
    I swear that I wasn't bidding on that nasty old CNC... I was only swatting flies.

Hello motordude..

I believe you have got your 4th axis running. Can you share additional parts, connection and tuned parameters as I plan to add one on my doosan.

Thanks a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by motordude View Post
    Hello all!
    I have bought a new 4th axis for my machine, and the machine itself is prewired for 4th axis. I have talked to Fanuc, and I know what extra hardware to get to have it installed. I think I can manage the hardware installation myself. Question is, how about tweaking the parameters etc. in the controller? Is this difficult, should I call someone and have it done? I like to learn new stuff, but if this is a nightmare to get through I'll rather ask for a service guy to do it.

Thanks!

John
    I also have an Oi-MD milling machine that is in need of a 4th axis extension, can you help me set the parameters for connecting the 4th axis? The ladder also has options for the 4th axis written. Are you connected successfully? You have experienced please help me.
    Thank!