586,679 active members*
2,678 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CamSoft Products > Galil and Camsoft driver conflict, Part 2

Galil and Camsoft driver conflict, Part 2

(Sorry to start another thread, I got a thread closed error)

Quote Originally Posted by camsoft
    Karl,

The simple answer is having the very latest Galil WSDK as well as the CamSoft versions installed so the versions match.

We both use the same low level drivers and when Galil comes out with new
    ones, we follow shortly.

If you have had either Galil or CamSoft installed in the same PC with and older version, the trick is making sure nothing remains from these older versions in the Windows registry or in the Windows folder or sub directories.

[email protected]
    Ernie just sent me version 15.9 CNC Pro last week. Nothing else has been on this computer. I bought and installed WSDK from Galil on Friday, right off their web site. Couldn't get more up to date than that.

I can see I'll be going through the procedure outlined in Al-The-Man's post to get Camsoft running again. ARGH!

Does this multi-boot (two XP's on the same computer) idea have any merit? I don't want a flame war, just a workable sloution.

Karl

Karl,

We check if the versions aren't compatible if you use the installation CD, but in this case Ernie sent you a ZIP file via e-mail of only the EXE program and Version.ID which counts on you already having the latest Galil Version 7 drivers installed, plus the WSDK was installed afterwards and they don't check. They just re-register the card by pointing to them. Hence your problem.

Use regclean.exe to clean the registry and follow Al's post just to be sure and install the WSDK first then contact us directly to get an installation CD for V15.9 sent to you. Our installation CD will sense the WSDK installation and allow the drivers to be shared, plus it won't re-register the card if it see's the WSDK.

Unless they came out with something new very recently the two are compatible and is what you should be using.

You should not setup 2 XP copies on the same PC.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for your help. Your front office has email.

Karl

I've read that regclean should not be used with Windows XP. I don't know what should replace it, though.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello HuFlungDung,

It's okay for Karl.

You're right, it is true that an old version or non-XP regclean.exe should not be use on XP ,but there is a XP version of regclean on the CD.

Side note. We just checked on the latest WSDK drivers and they are all the same as V15.9 except the dmcbus32.dll which is dated in January. We copied this into one of our demo PC's which has both V15.9 and WSDK and either the original and January version of the dmcbus32.dll driver works.

This then leads us to think it's not the drivers but only where the registry points or something else all together. In either case the CamSoft installation will not re-register the card if it see the WSDK nor will it copy an old file over a newer one of the same name.

Karl, if you still have a problem contact us and tell us what message you got or what you see.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com

Follow up.
    Smooth and easy to install Galil, then Camsoft. Everything works nicely. Can go back and forth between software packages.

Thanks

Karl