586,108 active members*
3,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 10TEF not liking to fire up. Standby light and button issues.

Fanuc 10TEF not liking to fire up. Standby light and button issues.

I have a fanuc 10tef on a Hitachi lathe. When you first fire the machine up, and then turn on the standby button, the hydraulic pump will turn on, but the actual standby light will not light up. You have to end up leaving it on for about 30 minutes in this condition, then turn the machine completely off, and then back on, and then turn on the standby button and then it will light up the standby light. When the standby light is not lit, but the hydraulic pump is running, if you try to do a zero return, it will not work, you have to wait until you can get the standby light to light up. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? I think its a chip or something that is cold and needs to warm up slightly first? Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem with a Fanuc 0-T series, though I only had to leave on for a few minutes then turn off/on. Turned out to be a capacitor in the power supply. The cap was part of the voltage monitor circuit. The power supply was not setting the Enable line high. I don't know if this relates to your issue but just thought I would throw it out there.