586,121 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Acramatic 2100 power supply need help

I have an arrow 500, 97 model. I'm having power supply problems in the CPU. Previously I have had to have 3 boards repaired and then the power supply went out. It had been replaced with an Athens power supply. I replaced it with the same thing and the machine works except for the computer just shuts down when in use. I have been directed by Dave at Siemens to purchase their power supply. Does anyone have experience with using one other than Seimens? Also, does anyone run one of these machines off of a phase converter? I am using a phase converter and I am wondering if this could possibly be causing the issues. Since putting in the new power supply I started running the CPU on a 115 vac to eliminate the possibility of my incoming electric causing this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Leon Mathis

I can't comment on any alternative power supplies but I can tell you that Arrow 500 machines can be retrofitted with new controls like the SINUMERIK 828D family from Siemens fairly economically. Better than putting a band-aid on it if you can plan and budget for upgrading. The retrofit can be done by one of Siemens Solution Partners. You can find them here: https://www.automation.siemens.com/s...r.aspx?lang=en by looking for Machine Tools VALUE ADDED in the Technology field.

What is the approximate cost of the 828D retrofit? I talked to Fanuc about this option and they quoted me $40,000 plus travel expenses! I have an Acramatic 2100 built in 2000 that is always causing me down time and would like to retrofit if the price isn't astronomical.