586,069 active members*
3,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > ISO Mentor/Consultant In NE PA (Poconos) CNC/Router/Plasma

ISO Mentor/Consultant In NE PA (Poconos) CNC/Router/Plasma

I take delivery of a Mogul CNC kit this Tuesday (1/28). If you can help or just want to learn with me, come on down, son!

I'm building the CNC table now and will have my small shop re-configured for the CNC by this time Monday.

Thanks

Steve

Mentor around Albrightsville,pa.

Hello Steve, did you find help in the Poconos ?I am in Albrightsville on 115 and have a hobby router machine ,looking for someone to help me . I have cut a few things but am having trouble converting line drawings to cad/cam .

Thanks
    Steve R.

Re: Mentor around Albrightsville,pa.

Hey Steve, sorry for slow reply. I got pulled away from the CNC project, but I'm on it full-time now. I have a pretty good idea where you're located. I should be able to help you with graphics prep. What graphic programs are you running (include version)? post-processor? I mostly use Corel and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop > Sheetcam (Plasma) > Mach 3. I'm a CNC newbie but have extensive graphic design/digital graphics experience. The DXF file format works well, but not all versions work in all post-processors. I tested several output versions until I found the one that worked. For example via Adobe Illustrator > Export > DXF > output version pop-up noting AutoCAD Version option (see graphic)Attachment 237858

Steve

Re: ISO Mentor/Consultant In NE PA (Poconos) CNC/Router/Plasma

Steve, I live in the Pocono's.
    With your graphics experience it shouldn't be a problem to create relief carvings from heightmapped grayscale images. This is a simple thing actually and you can make some really cool carvings. The key to it is with the photo. If you can photoshop a picture into a greyscale heightmap, I can show you how to turn it into a carving.