Posted this on another forum but thought I would ask here as well...

I don't expect I'll have much success with this but I'm desperate so here goes. I bought a 1997 Hurco Hawk that wouldn't boot. The previous owner sent the ISA rack to Hurco and they wouldn't say much other than it needed about $13k worth of parts. My plan was to retrofit it anyway so I didn't think much of it. They just sent the rack back and I powered it up outside of the machine, hooked to a monitor with the dongle in place. Fans came on but no display. I took the DSP card out and the CPU boot screen came up, looks normal but stopped on a missing keyboard alarm, don't have an AT style handy but have a guy bringing one by sometime. Anyway I suppose this is normal with a failed DSP but I was hoping there was a Hurco expert that might see this and have another idea... I might send the rack to MartinCNC and for a price I would imagine they can fix it but it would be really cool if someone on here had a thought about it or maybe a spare DSP card not being used! If this all fails I guess I'm back to planning for a retrofit. I was planning to use AJAX and with a VFD and the existing servo drives. I don't know what they're worth but I could sell off all of the original Hurco control parts to recover some of the cost.

I'm leaning toward the retrofit, anyone care to share their thoughts?

Thanks!
Jason