586,062 active members*
4,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Hardware > Upgrading Chinese K40 with Light Object DSP - PWM Power Supply

Upgrading Chinese K40 with Light Object DSP - PWM Power Supply

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my cheap Chinese K40 with a DSP from Light Object.

I realize that I need to have a PWM power supply, but I have no idea if the one that came with the original machine is PWM or not.

Can you please take a look at the photos below and give me your opinions? Thanks!

I upgraded a chinese unit with light object computer system and work really well.
    I would suggest to buy a new laser power supply to use pwm. I found the install a bit of trouble but with help for light object using there forum and you can contact them. They are very helpful and very friendly. Basic item you need would come with a kit put together by them. That includes the drivers for the stepper motors and the software really does work. You should order a new 24 volt power supply but you can use the one that came with it, a pressure sensor, and four limit switches.
    I used a water cooler for laser cooling and works well if you have a fan blow over the cooling coils on back. Even running at 90% power for over 20 minutes with just a 5 degree temp rise.
    I added an air assist and a expanded metal table for cutting on. You can cut the air flow tube in the back of the unit which tends to limit movement. I can actual cut leather items 335 x 245 mm after I trimmed the hose on the linear shaft.
    If you need photos of my install gladly provide some.
    I am in the process of making a new system to allow larger leather pieces to be cut and using a 100 watt laser.
    The chinese units are really hard to use as they arrive. The DSP controller work great and the software works well.

Quote Originally Posted by lazylaser View Post
    Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my cheap Chinese K40 with a DSP from Light Object.

I realize that I need to have a PWM power supply, but I have no idea if the one that came with the original machine is PWM or not.

Can you please take a look at the photos below and give me your opinions? Thanks!
    Did you ever upgrade your laser? I have a K40 as well and my Moshiboard died. I have the same laser power supply as you and I would like to know if you were able to get that to work with an AWC608 DSP or if you replaced the laser power supply as well.

From what I've found online, it's advertised as supporting PWM, but I haven't found any documentation on it.
    Here are some links from people selling the MYJG40W power supply. The front connectors shown in these images look different from the one that you have in your photo, but it's the same part number as mine. (My power supply looks identical to yours.)
    New stamp power supply MYJG 40w for stamp making machine-in Laser Equipment from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com
    40W Power Supply For Laser Machine (MYJG-40W) - China MYJG-40W, MYJG
    40w Co2 Laser Power Supply(MYJG-40w)>>Jinan Zhenyu Electronics Co.,Ltd>>

In case anyone is still interested, that power supply works using PWM with the AWC608 DSP.

Re: Upgrading Chinese K40 with Light Object DSP - PWM Power Supply

I would be super interested in the wiring from the AWC608 DSP to the Laser PSU. I have the same one and everyone says, "just buy a new one". I knew it could be done. Mind sharing? It wold be greatly appreciated!!

please more information about it, i have the same psu like yours and i´m thinking in get the lightobject dsp kit but i have no money for the new 40 pwm thanks for your help

Re: Upgrading Chinese K40 with Light Object DSP - PWM Power Supply

Have you got a wiring diagram?