586,103 active members*
3,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC plasma build with a Longevity Forcecut 42i

Been a lurker for some time but I thought it was time to share - I recently built a 4x4 table using carriages and a z axis from Precision Plasma. Ron is a great guy - I would highly recommend him and his products.

I welded up a table and built a water tray to match the requirements of the iplasma carriages.

I used the Bladerunner system from CandCNC automation and it was pretty easy to hook-up and get going.

I am running a Longevity Forcecut 42i plasma on the table. I am getting excellent cut results and the consumables seem to be holding up pretty well. The CNC port on the front of the machine allowed for a pretty painless connection to the Bladerunner system. It is pinned with a slightly different pattern than the Hypertherm units but it is well labelled and easy to figure out. For the $ this is an excellent value cnc plasma source.

There are a couple pics of 20g cuts - top and bottom of cut straight off the table. Also a couple 1/4" steel results.

All in all the table works great and I am now working on table #2

PW

more 20g cuts

A couple more detailed 20g cuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4973.JPG   IMG_4974.JPG  

Re: CNC plasma build with a Longevity Forcecut 42i

Did you buy a kit from PP or just the carriages and Z assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff johnson View Post
    Did you buy a kit from PP or just the carriages and Z assembly?
    Hi - I bought just the carriages and z axis from them. I have since sold the table and the Longevity plasma cutter. I have built a few of my own design since.

Pierre

Thanks for the reply. On your others did you stay with the CandCNC stuff? I have BladeRunner now on a 4X8 table just passed 3 years and its been a good one except for me overloading the 120V outputs, but Tom helped me get that fixed. Anyway I got a 4X4 plasma in the works. Frame is done and its rolling. Haven't decided on a Z setup yet. But I am thinking of building my own electronics, G540, with the LOngevity either the 42i or the 65i, and either CandCNC LCTHC or the proma. Reason is, The Bladerunner has been great but I want something that I understand and can fix if needed, instead of shipping it off. I think its a little pricey and too many bells and whistles for a small shop. Still investigating. Any thoughts?

Shoot me a pm with your phone # and I'll call you.

Pierre

Hey Pierre, It was very informative to talk with ya the other day. I have made up my mind to get the Bladrunner from CandCNC , either the Dragoncut 300-4 DTHCIV or the Dragoncut 300-4 DTHCII, waiting for a reply about which would suit me best. I have had a Bladerunner now running a router going on 3 years and it has been used almost daily, sometime up to 8 hrs straight for 3D SIGNS, and still going great. Also I am gonna get the Hypertherm 45. I think these both would be the best investment and also best for re-sell if I want to go down that path. Thanks for the email it looks like a great idea, I may borrow it.