586,103 active members*
3,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > C11 relays, any way to activate from panel?

C11 relays, any way to activate from panel?

Pins 1 and 16 on this board are relays, and I am planning to use one of them for my flood pump. Besides turning this on with a M-code, is there a way to turn it on via switch or button from the panel? I would like an either/or setup and am not sure how to go about it.

Thanks!

Yes, use a SPDT switch on the high voltage side of the relay. The center tap of the switch will go where the hot wire was connected on the relay, 1 leg of the switch will go to that original wire (now disconnected from the relay) and the other leg of the switch will go to the opposite terminal on the relay (along with the load). If the switch is flipped 1 way it is waiting for the relay to control it, flipped the other way it is connected to the hot.

You could most likely do it on the low voltage side of the relay a similar way (most likely safer too).

You could also assign that command a hotkey. No MDI needed, just press the key.

Perfect! Thank you very much

Pressing "C" on the keyboard toggles coolant on/off just like "S" toggles the spindle; at least it does in Mach3 Turn. Not sure about Mill as I haven't used that much yet.

DB, is that hotkey a default? I never realized it, if it is so. I was under the impression it was assignable either way.

Definitely a default in Turn as I don't have a clue how to do hotkeys.

To access hotkeys and implement them. Open Mach, then config/system hotkeys.

However upon trying to explain this to you I see there is more to it. I use the hotkeys for all of my motion control set up and that is it. It doesnt appear all items are assignable unless using external buttons. It does appear that thru an external button any command could be achieved.

Here is a link to the list of OEM codes OEM Buttons - Mach3Wiki (flood would be 224)

This would of course require wiring in a momentary switch on an input pin, I think.

To anyone else reading this who might know, is any command available to be assigned a hotkey? I am not sure by looking at the config menu.