586,121 active members*
3,086 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Stricly IC, complete collection, any interested in AU?

Stricly IC, complete collection, any interested in AU?

Been a while since I've posted here. From California, I'm 8 months into my immigration application and hoping for approval any day.
    Seriously downsizing, and am pondering selling my complete collection of Stricly IC magazines. This is the full set. It's heavy and I imagine shipping there would not be cheap. I'm not listing it for sale yet, but merely trying to see if I might find a buyer. Reason is, there's plans for several engines I want to make copies of before selling the set and I just don't have time to do that before moving. Back issues still available at $8 each, USD, Was thinking of $5 each for a total of $420. I know this is a small subset of Aussie metalworkers, but it's the only specific site I know of to ask.

Regards,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Good luck on your move. If in case you have large machinery that you need to bring with you, try to check out hanlonandwright.co.uk. They are experts when it comes to machinery relocation.
    For Machinery Relocation, trust only Hanlon & Wright

Thanks Daniel,

But, no machinery... Wife's place has an open car port with a gravel floor. As it is, all my tools and cabinets will have to go into storage here until we get a slab poured and the open end sealed up. Selling off the machinery will allow me to settle up all debts before departing, and, lower my shipping costs. I'll be heading to TAFE and working on getting my papers for welding ASAP. That'll allow us to quickly set up the shed and get my stuff there. A lathe will follow, maybe a mill. I will bring my antique Hardinge Cataract lathe, and a Sherline I'd converted to CNC, so will have at least some limited capabilities.
    Thanks for the ref though, appreciate the thought.

Jon

Good to hear that Jon.

You're welcome and Good luck again :wave:
    For Machinery Relocation, trust only Hanlon & Wright

The freight is going to be the problem. I did a quick quote through interparcel.com.au and it was over $200, which is a shame really.
    Cheers,
    Hicks

I wouldn't try to ship from California. If anyone down there is really interested, I'd be shipping from Cootamundra, NSW, 2590. Or of course, one could pick up if by chance they were within reasonable driving distance. Sorry, I think I wasn't clear on that point.

Jon

G'day Jon,

Ok, I'm very interested.
    Cheers,
    Hicks

PM sent!