587,019 active members*
5,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > X61500GT machine just arrived - here is the goods and bads so far

X61500GT machine just arrived - here is the goods and bads so far

For those looking at this machine, here is my experience so far.

I ordered this right before the Chinese new year, so was not sure as to the delivery time and such. I received no tracking info, but got the machine in two heavy boxes 2 weeks later (I live in Wisconsin, USA). I was pretty good with that. Things were packed well. One small piece that holds the wiring channel was broke, but very minor and still holds ok. The rest of the machine looked great. I was impressed with the build as it is a robust machine for the price.

Set up is pretty easy, although they supply nothing saying how to do it. I put the gantry on backwards and wasted 30 min, but upon changing it around, it was done and ready to go.

Bad side is it came with no paperwork or software to assist communication and running the machine. The quick start guide is online here and other spots and that helps alot. You can get Mach3 and install that, but if you do so, it will not talk with the machine. When you plug in the USB, it did not recognize the USB card like they say. This had me worried. I went back to the quick start and found a file needed to be put into the plug ins area, but Carving -cnc did not send any software or files.... I found it on the internet in one place on a shady looking file site, but I downloaded it, put it in the plugins area of Mach3 and held my breath. I restarted mach, plugged in the usb and it recognized the card and it worked!

The spindle is robust and quiet. It seems reallys solid. The water pump that came with it does accept 120V (unlike they said) and works fine. The lines are very thin, but upon pumping, they uncrimp and work fine. X Y Z movement is solid and smooth. Fan is a bit loud on the box, but nothing terrible.

I made a program with photoVcarve and when I got to the point of loading it. Even though I had the units in Mach3 set to imperial, when I brought the program over, it barely moved. I soon realized I needed to set my program in mm when I made the program as my inch movements were interpreted as millimeters when fed to the cnc. I also saved the programs to the mach3 code format, but that did not work, so I outputted code as general gcode (program name.tap) and it worked fine.

I am having a few problems that I assume are related to Mach3, not the cnc. When I loaded in the program, the first few times it only pulled in a portion of the program. I did not catch this and upon running the program, it would go until it ran out of code and stop. I shut down mach3 and rebooted. I pulled in the same program and it all came through (the view of the cutting looked complete). I ran the program and it stopped a ways into the cutting, slightly farther than the prior time. I then looked at the code and most of the program was missing. It was there before as I looked at the end of the code and all the shutdown codes were present. I have a registered version, so not sure why this is occuring. Also, even though my code had a spindle start, the first few times, the spindle did not come on. Last versions did, so this may have been related to issues I was seeing prior.

Any help would be appreciated. I will update this as i learn things about this machine. So far it is solid other than the lack of documentation.

congratulations I've got a X6 1500GT from september last year

I think you have mach3 in DEMO mode (not licensed)
    from the mach3 site
    Without a license, Mach3 will operate in Demo mode. While in Demo mode, the software has the following limitations:
    •Mill & Plasma: 500 line gcode limit (10,000,000 limit after licensing)
    •Turn: 50 line gcode limit (10,000,000 limit after licensing)
    •Kernel Frequency locked at 25kHz (only applicable if using the parallel port driver)
    •Set Next Line function disabled
    •Run From Here function disabled
    •Turn: Threading disabled
    •Plasma: THC functions disabled

I'm not sure if mine is supposed to be working like this, but regardless of what position the red power switch is, the fan comes on if the safety switch it out. The only way to shut it down is to push the safety switch. Is this normal? If not, what should I look at to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaDo View Post
    I'm not sure if mine is supposed to be working like this, but regardless of what position the red power switch is, the fan comes on if the safety switch it out. The only way to shut it down is to push the safety switch. Is this normal? If not, what should I look at to fix it?
    I got it also once, no reaction on the power switch but after a few off/ons it finaly powers off so i did replace the switch (not relayable) also there are lights in the two power switches (green/red) but on the one i have where not connected so i connected the lights so now when there is a switch on , the light in the switch is illuminated

Turns out that the reason that I would only run a certain amount a code had to do with not having the registration correct. Upon getting the registration done correctly mach3 is working fine.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk