586,096 active members*
3,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

.clf not found

Good morning.

I just drew a part this morning and went to post the code and I get this error message.

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM V23\NC\MILL\laser body.clf NOT FOUND !!!

Laser body is just the name of this file and no matter what previous file I open I can't post, I get the same error. No changes made to the computer recently. Help would be much appreciated, backed up with work.

Thanks----Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error message 001.jpg  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I get this when I pick "Post and Save As" and try a new location that does not contain the model file. If I instead just pick "Post" I can then right-click in the posted code and "Save As..." to save it where I want - that works fine. It works in two steps but not in one. I would like to know a real fix rather than my workaround, but the workaround may help you...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Only doing "post" as I always do, no "post and save."

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM V23\NC\MILL\
    V23? V23 doesn't install to "program files". It installs to "program files(x86)"...... (In a 64 bit system)

Go to part current settings-posting page and actually navigate to the nc filepath by using the select button. Also, do this for the default current settings also, so it sticks through to new files.

Some of the older files would carry this setting through, so if the file was saved with a previous incorrect value, then the values needs to be changed. You'll see this addressed in the new system with "machine exists" warnings and popups that tell you things don't exist when you open the file, or access the current settings.

As a test I did a "post and save" and it worked. Posted the code and saved it to the location. It still won't do a straight "post" though. Go figure that one. Still need to get it fixed though. Been doing it the same way for 5 years, don't want to change my ways, too damn old for that.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    V23? V23 doesn't install to "program files". It installs to "program files(x86)"...... (In a 64 bit system)

Go to part current settings-posting page and actually navigate to the nc filepath by using the select button. Also, do this for the default current settings also, so it sticks through to new files.

Some of the older files would carry this setting through, so if the file was saved with a previous incorrect value, then the values needs to be changed. You'll see this addressed in the new system with "machine exists" warnings and popups that tell you things don't exist when you open the file, or access the current settings.
    All the directories for "settings" default are of course x86 and correct. "Part settings" does not have access to a directories tab. But, I checked and the current setting for this part and no (x86) and when I open older files, they are not (x86) either. How could this have changed all of a sudden.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    All the directories for "settings" default are of course x86 and correct. "Part settings" does not have access to a directories tab. But, I checked and the current setting for this part and no (x86) and when I open older files, they are not (x86) either. How could this have changed all of a sudden.

Mike
    Mike

I think Burr was referring to the NC Path shown in the attached image, if you have already been there/done that then disregard my ramblings (I can play the "Age Card" as well)

Attachment 222420

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Under "Current Settings" make sure your machine is the one selected.If it is not,that will do the error you are experiencing.

Rob is correct. It is under the Cam Part-Milling tools where you want to look for the "part" and "default" current settings dialogue, which will have an NC filepath defined in it. (This is the machine file of old)

"Part settings" does not have access to a directories tab. But, I checked and the current setting for this part and no (x86) and when I open older files, they are not (x86) either. How could this have changed all of a sudden.
    These types of settings can be stored in files too. So they will propogate down stream. Your old files may have come from a computer that was a 32 bit OS, and therefore have an install path of "just program files" (no (x86))... A 64 bit OS will have the 2 install paths that handle either 32 bit or 64 bit. The newer BobCad versions have a 64 bit install, and will install to the program files directory. 32 bit will install to the one with the (x86).

Opening an older V23 file from a 32 bit installation, can have the nc filepath follow through incorrectly. You fix it by giving the old file the new path to use.

Or the machine changes under Current Settings.I just did a test and changed mine to "Mori" and tried to post,that gave an error,clf,blah,blah...Change back to "Haas" and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Or the machine changes under Current Settings.I just did a test and changed mine to "Mori" and tried to post,that gave an error,clf,blah,blah...Change back to "Haas" and all is well.
    So that means your "mori" definition has an incorrect nc filepath associated in it.

In V23, the machine file was basically a null factor, that just stored some of those variables. There was nothing "particular" about a "haas" machine or a "mori"......

I guess I did not make myself clear, same computer, same software, no new install of anything, same files, same everything. Just turn it on in the morning for the day and it didn't work. I have found a temp fix, so I guess I am okay for now.

Thanks guys-------Mike

Aha, that could be what my issue is....
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Can you let us know the fix ?

Sure, I just changed the machine to a Mori from my Haas. Makes no difference, as the post is still the correct one. The real question is why did it change in the first place and where did my Haas go?

It also work to "Post and Save," but I don't like doing that, as I often modify the programs before sending.

Mike

Hi, I had a similar problem a couple days ago, when I played with my post processors and my machine simulation. I have "V26 five axis pro" and had no time for customer suport (I have the German-USA time shift). I had my data on a d: parttition of my hard disc but the program folder with the \NC\Mill was on c:. After that .clf problem occurs I generated a ... NC/Mill folder on my d: partition and everything works well! Be sure that your folder C:\program files\.....NC\Mill\laser exactly exist! It doesen't matter what you have written in your default settings. The error message shows the path!! That was my experiance, hope to help you.

Ingo (Germany)

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Sure, I just changed the machine to a Mori from my Haas. Makes no difference, as the post is still the correct one. The real question is why did it change in the first place and where did my Haas go? Mike
    In V23, a "FILE" can make those changes. Sometimes a file would reset the default. So, opening a file from "ME" would change your settings.

Just reset the nc filepath for your Haas machine and you have it back.

Burr, in V26, where am I looking for a bad path? All the paths I see are to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\... Not to any "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". If I try to post to my server I get a CLF not found when I use one post that I modified, but when I use another post I don't. I don't know what file/path I should look for/change... I can POST, and then Save-As, I just can't do "Post & Save As"...

You'll want to pay attention to the selected machine, then check it's nc filepath. Sometimes in V26, if you open and older file that had a different machine, the first thing you need to do is select a current machine.

After you know the machine selected for the file, right click "Milling Job-current settings-posting-NC File Path. Be sure the path there is correct.

Also, check the "CAM Defaults-current settings-%machine name%-Posting-NC File Path for your default machine for future files.

Are you working/saving to defaults? Or do you have custom paths, like "Fileshares" or something....