586,075 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Sprial Cut - Can I do it in BobCad

Sprial Cut - Can I do it in BobCad

I need to cut a circular hole out of a part. I was hoping to be able to do a sprial cut downward into the part. Is there a G-code for this and if there is how can I get bobcad to program it for me?

Using V20 of bobcad and techno CNC router.

yes look in the other menu on main tool bar sprial/pipe thread

Spiral

Why not try pocketing and use the spiral cut option?

ErnieD

pocket function will do moves in two planes only, not a 3 axis move attach is sample file of sprial down
    Attached Files Attached Files

Milling a 1" hole in 1" 6061

What is the best way to do this. I understand the sprial/pipe option. It is ok but is there any way to have it pick the center of the hole and have it start there? Rather than finding the center and telling it. I draw in autocad and use 20 for CAM

Thanks

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gguidi
    What is the best way to do this. I understand the sprial/pipe option. It is ok but is there any way to have it pick the center of the hole and have it start there? Rather than finding the center and telling it. I draw in autocad and use 20 for CAM

Thanks

Gary

Yes, do a spiral and put a point at the bottom end of the entity. Use the pocketing function in the Other Menu. Locate the Start point (line indicating start green). Place a point at the bottom. Select the spiral using the Shift Key on your Keyboard. Goto the Change Menu>Translate>Snap>OK. Now select the bottom point of your Spiral and the Start point of your Green starting postion of your pocket.

Sorry I forgot the Cad file.

As a Big Plus BCC has a Support Forum at http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/index.php

:cheers:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com