586,283 active members*
3,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Port Machining Issue

Hello, for a project I am trying to simulate the machining of a part 60 degree toroidal cavity, I am trying to use the port machining tool. I have followed the online tutorials using the lollipop tool. But when I try to run the simulation I get an error message that reads "C:\Users\Public\Documents\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2013\T ables\MachSim\TableTable_New not found!
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2013\Ta bles\MachSim\TableTable_New\TableTable_New.xml not found!
    Tool is not defined in machine simulation xml file."
    I am attempting to use Hermle-c30_ITNC530_5X_TZ as is used in the tutorial. Any help is much appreciated. I am new to the software but am required to use it as part of a university project, and most likely in my future career.
    Much thanks, Matt Sutton

This relates to the machine simulation model and a section of the post processor defining the kinematics of a five axis machine. Are you using the demo version? If so, it is likely that that part of the post has been disabled.

No this is the full version.Thanks for your reply. is there a way to fix this problem? ie by downloading the tool bit/post processor. thanks matt

Using the correct post processor will do the trick. There are three files, the *.GPP (the 'get stuff done' bit), the *.PRP (initial machine settings and defaults) and the *.vmid file which is definition of the machine in question including the kinematics. These all live in the folder 'GPP Tool'. Also need for correct operation in 5X mode is the machine simulation file (the 'MachSim') which is 3D model of the machine also with defined kinematics and this is to be buried away in the folder holding your tool tables under 'MachSim\XML\...' Be aware that the locations for all these files must be set in SolidCAM Settings, so the first thing to do is check for their existence and check that SolidCAM is looking in the right place.

okay thank you I will check and try this all now. Fingers crossed. All i need from this is a simulation file. So if i still cant get it to work, is there a possibility i could send you the solidworks model and you try it through your software? i'll transfer you some beer money if you want it... just need this simulation file as it forms the basis for a presentation i was meant to be giving about the use of the software. thanks matt

Thankyou so much! it worked and ran the simulation. The only issue is that the part is through the bottom of the table. Ithink this is due to the coordinate system being the upper level of the part. Sorry for asking so many questions but do you know how I offset this from the table in the Z direction. Thanks again. Matt

Sure. Go the 'Operations' in the Job Tree, right click and select 'Machine Set-up'

This will insert a new line before the first CAM operation in which you can position your part in relation to machine zero of your machine simulation. You can even add fixture models if you like, presuming that they are present in your CAM assembly. Just be sure to 'recalculate all' in order to make the co-ordinate shift active when you run MachSim.

Good luck with the presentation