586,103 active members*
3,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question CNC Rotary Table gearing

I have begun to order parts to control my rotary table but I would like to know what gear ratios other people have used? I have the 4" "SOBA" rotary table from shoptask, and have ordered the Geckodrive 201 and a 260 oz/in stepper. Also, where might I be able to purchase the gears for a reasonable price?

Thanks

There was an article in the March/April 2005 issue of The Home Shop MAchinst that showed how to do this. They used a 2 to 1 motor to table ratio. When I converted my 12" rotary table I used the same ratio. I used belt drive pulleys from a cam drive. The pulleys that I had even used a regular pitch belt. All I had to do was make a couple of flanges to keep the belt on the pulleys. I you go to a wrecking yard you can find a lot of different tooth pulleys depending on what kind of engine they are from.
    Gary

http://www.sdp-si.com These guys have all kinds of belts, pulleys and gears.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

the one form shoptask is a 6 inch.....are you sure yours is a 4 inch?

at any rate, get a 14 tooth and 60 tooth and belt xl37 250 belt from Dan at camtronics, then you make a 1/4" moter mount plate that you have to mount onto your tightning disk (and grind it down a little) use a 1/8th inch plate as a moter stand off.

see pic of table
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rotaries for 4th-5th.jpg  

Yes, it's a 6 inch. Thanks for all the info. I'll check out Camtronics and SDI-SI. While I'm at the junk yard I also need a nice face plate. Don't let me forget! Ha

Casey