586,108 active members*
3,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Finished First Project

This is for some of the new or prospective home machinists.
    I'm fairly new to machining and totally new to CNC. I purchased the Shoptask with all the trimmings basically on a whim after I viewed some of the cool things you guys were doing with it. I purchased and read "A Comprehensive Guide to Practical CNC Programming, CNC Programming Handbook" by Peter Smid, and I was pleasantly surprised that the learning curve for G-Code was not as large as I had first thought. Here is my first project that was totally CNC. I made a Collet holder from 7075 plate.
    I think the Shoptask was a good investment but there is definately room for improvement.

Casey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bearing Block 007.jpg   collett plate 006.jpg  

nice work. can't wait to see the progress and upgrade. how large was the peice that you machined?

Very well done.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Made each spoke separately and pinned everything together. The Brass was pressed into each spoke.

Casey