586,060 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi-Seki 4NE-600 Turret Alignment - Which bolts?

Hitachi-Seki 4NE-600 Turret Alignment - Which bolts?

I'm trying to align the turret on my 4NE-600. It is rotated up about 0.100" on the centerline of the ID tools (it took a crash). I'm having trouble figuring out which bolts might constitute an adjustment. I've loosened the six socket head bolts labeled "A" in the attached picture and pulled the two pins labeled "a" which definitely separated the toolholder portion of the turret from the fixed part, but there don't seem to be any slots to allow for the rotation. The "a" pins are cylindrical, not tapered.

I also removed the socket head caps labeled "B" and unscrewed the bolts underneath them. This seems to be where my turret has taken some force (two of the bolts were sheared), but again, I don't see any room for adjustment. If I remove the socket caps at "b", I can see that there are pins way down deep, but no way to remove them. It seems like these may be the pins that index into the backside of the turret?

Any help, or instructions on this procedure would be much appreciated.

-joel

Joel,

any way you can upload a bigger picture. I cannot tell what is what in the one you posted.

John

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Joel,

any way you can upload a bigger picture. I cannot tell what is what in the one you posted.

John
    Sorry about that. How's this?

-joel
    Attachment 224172

Joel,

much better. If I remember correctly you are headed in the right direction. I will take a look at the drawing for that turret and let you know soon.

john

It was the bolts labeled "B" and the pins labeled "b". I was thrown off originally because when I took the cap off of the first "b" hole, all I could see was a smooth surface down about five inches and I couldn't figure out how I would ever pull a pin out of that. It turns out that four of the six holes didn't have pins in them, so I was looking at the bottom of the shaft. Once I found two pins, it all made sense.

The bad news was that three of my bolts had sheared off, presumably as a result of the crash (the pins were in bad shape too). Getting the broken half backed out of the holes was a bit of a trick, but I got it done.

-joel