586,655 active members*
3,109 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question mazatrol control

I am looking at purchasing a mazak lathe (1982) with mazatrol t1 control for some hobby type work at home. The machine seems to be ok for the price that is being asked but i am unsure about the control. I have extensive experience with fanuc, okuma and even mori seiki contols but have not had any experience with mazatrol. Can anyone advise me on it's ease of use or ease to learn?, or should i steer clear of something that age?
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

does it have g-code as an opption? if so it's similar to what your used to. if not...

That was one of Mazaks early work horses and there are alot around still.
    The control was an early Mitsubishi controller.
    At least the control is still supported by Mits. Not like say Hitachi Seiki for that age for example.
    If you get it, make sure you get the parameters or record/copy them down as soon as you can, otherwise if you lose the batterys, you will be dead in the water.
    The Mazatrol is generally very easy to learn, and some prefer it over the G code input, if it has.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

There is an 1985 QT-10 in my shop equipped with a T-1 control and is used daily. It's a great machine although it is quite challenged as far as memory goes. I have just ordered some software from Ezatrol so I can store programs on my PC. I haven't got it yet so I will have to see how it works. It was only $135.00 so I figure I don't have much to lose if it dosen't do what I need.
    Crashing Sucks!
    www.reliancemachine.com