The 4 sliding metal chip deflector/covers on my BMC20 were laying in the enclosure when I got the mill. You prolly ain't gonna believe this, but they were all bent to h*** and completely seized together.

After cleaning and spending a couple of hours at my large arbor press, I have them flattened back out and ready to put them back on the mill. Problem is that there are no hinge pins. I can spin up the 4 pins on my lathe easy enough, but how were they secured? The hinges themselves have nylock nuts on their short bolts to secure them to top and bottom metal panel.

I'm envisioning that with the accumulation of crud over the years that if nylock nuts were used on the hinge pins that they eventually got bound up and unscrewed themselves and let the pins loose, thus allowing the chain of events such and panel binding and bending and complete lockup of the panels. Or, with all the crud in the slides and between the metal panels, they just bound up and bent and someone just removed the hinge pins to get the bent/locked panels out of the way and then they went and lost the pins and whatever they were secured with.

Were the hinge pins secured in some other manner?