586,067 active members*
5,176 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Announcing the new PRO Stand for the Torus PRO and NM-200
Page 1 of 2 12

Announcing the new PRO Stand for the Torus PRO and NM-200

Novakon is pleased to announce our next generation professional stand/coolant system for the Torus PRO. Additional functionality has been incorporated into a single package to compliment the Torus PRO mill. Here are some of the key features:

1) Drainage- All wings and pans are sloped inward to provide superb coolant drainage and prevent puddles of coolant in the pan.

2) Wash down sprayer- A dedicated 90 watt 220VAC pump has been added for use with a spray hose. This allows the operator to simply wash down the chips into a very large opening under the mill and directly into the collection drawer. An on/off electrical switch is in easy reach to activate the wash down pump.

3) Chip collection drawer- A front pull out drawer has been installed to allow easy removal of chips. Fine mesh filtration screen has been installed in the chip drawer to prevent the smallest of chips from entering the coolant reservoir.

4) Coolant reservoir- An extra-large coolant tank is included to ensure you don’t run out of coolant. The tank also includes a filter screen to ensure nothing gets into the tank. In other words a screen for the chip drawer and the coolant tank will prevent the smallest of chips from clogging the coolant nozzles.

5) Fluid level gauge- A large easy to read external vertical tube makes it easy to observe the coolant liquid level at a glance.

6) Spindle pump- A second dedicated 90 watt pump is used to greatly increase the volume and pressure of coolant flowing through the spindle distribution system.

7) Powder coating- The professional stand is totally powder coated to improve durability and provide better protection from corrosive solvents. Typical lacquer paints would easily dissolve when certain coolants are used.

The new Torus PRO series stand is totally adaptable to the older generation NM-200 series 1 and series 2 mills. The wings and chip pan fold into each other to create a compact shipping package. The professional stand will be unveiled at the upcoming Cabin Fever Expo in April. The professional stand will be assembled with our Torus PRO mill for viewing. The Pulsar will also be available for viewing.

The list price for the professional stand is $2195 USD. When coupled with a Torus PRO package, a credit of $700 will be applied toward the old stand, resulting at a new $1495 USD upgraded package price. For current customers that own a Torus PRO mill or a NM-200 and desire the professional stand, Novakon is offering the professional stand at the upgrade price of $1495 for a 90 day limited time, the only additional cost will be shipping and duties as applicable based on your shipping location.

The professional stand is an optional accessory, while the basic stand will continue to be available for a period of time for customers.
    We would like to take this time to thank all of our customers for their interested in our products. We will continue to improve and offer the best possible products for our machines.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

And it's worth every penny, just in terms of time and effort saved in daily cleanup! The whole machine can be cleaned up in minutes, with very little effort. Push the big chips into the chute, use the washdown hose to get the rest. What used to take a half hour to clean up now takes about 5 minutes, and the machine is left nearly spotless.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Sweet, it's finally officially official.

How about some pics

I am excited to have one of the first ones. It's paid for already, just waiting on arrival at the novakon warehouse from the factory.

Nate
    Fine Line Automation
    Home - Fine Line Automation
    Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Attachment 225642

Here is a pic. I have the beta of the stand and it is pretty cool. Only problem I had assembling it was that the mount holes were not drilled through. Fixed it up and am now working on the enclosure.

-Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithmcelhinney View Post
    Attachment 225642

Here is a pic. I have the beta of the stand and it is pretty cool. Only problem I had assembling it was that the mount holes were not drilled through. Fixed it up and am now working on the enclosure.

-Keith
    They eliminated the middle legs? It looks heads and tails better than the old stand. How is the coolant flow?

Nate
    Fine Line Automation
    Home - Fine Line Automation
    Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

I haven't got it totally hooked up yet. Just got power hooked up today. Regretfully I travel for work the next couple of days. Hopefully get it done this weekend. I will let you know how it is once I am done.

-Keith

Nice, will it work with a Charter Oak milling machine?

Most likely it could be used. This stand is large enough to accommodate many mills. Worse case scenario is that you will have to make some kind of bridge adapter for the different mounting holes. The hole dimensions on the chip pan are 446mm x 790mm.

It should work.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

pics and drawings of the PRO stand

Thank you for the interest in our PRO Stand.

Here are some pictures of the initial demo stand and the changes made shown in the drawings. Due to Ray's testing and observations, we have made some very nice operational changes.

First, of all the demo stands picture are not powder coated. The production mills are 100% power coated for durability. Also the two 90watt pumps were moved to the rear of the tank for better routing of the hoses and wires. The fluid level gauge is large and easy to see. The spray hose can be routed either through the top or out the side under the wing...user choice.

Other points of interest and questions are welcome and will also be addressed as best we can.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Update pictures to the Torus PRO Stand

We thought it would be great to show a few more pictures of the PRO stand. These are the first stands off the assembly line and we have just about completed the fit test for the first kits. You can see in the pictures the new high volume tank with its baffles. Just to the left of the tank is the new level gauge. Yet to be installed is the hose for coolant level viewing. The dual pumps fit on the back of the tank where there are several ports for running the wash down hose through. Either through the top or out one of the two sides.

The coolant is contained in a large winged system where it drains into a large spout in the center. Filtration is accomplished on the chip drawer and tank where there will be fine mesh screens.

These stands have full powder coating for durability.

As more information is available, we will certainly post the progress for all interested.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Lookin' sweet!

PRO Stand Continued....

Here are some additional pictures of the PRO Stand as promised.

You can see the detail of the tank... specifically the fluid level detector using the clear hose. This will give a good indication of working fluid level at a glance. The pumps are mounted on a removable shelf, making dis assembly and clean out of the tank easier as required. The built in baffles in the tank will "ease" the sloshing of coolant when the drawer is pulled out. We don't need a tidal wave of coolant on the floor!

The filtration screen is attached to the tank that provides a "last collection" of chips that may get passed the chip drawer. If required, an additional filter cloth may be added for additional filtration or used for easy pullout of fine particles of metal shavings. (kind of like a diaper) This is a potential handy way to make clean up and general maintenance a breeze. User options are easily adapted.

The chip draw contains a basket that can be easily removed for dumping. Notice in the picture the wrong size screen. This will be replaced with the same "fine mesh" screen as is shown in the tank. The purpose of the chip drawer "basket" is to provide the easy collection and dumping of chips. Chips may also be easily scooped out as required during heavy production cutting.

More pictures to come... packing and origami of the shipping crate.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Dangit man! Can you just ship me the upgrades? Not serious.
    Just to be clear though. Are the base mod's on both the Torus Pro and the Pulsar? I am vigilantly trying to sell my HF round column mill. That will make room for another mill.
    I may be parting out my 80/20 mill soon. It has high quality parts if there is an interest.
    Lee

looking at the PDF files. it says the shipping dimensions is 34.291inches, What is the width of just the base. Trying to figure out if i can still fit it through a 32" door.
    Thank you

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by powerr View Post
    looking at the PDF files. it says the shipping dimensions is 34.291inches, What is the width of just the base. Trying to figure out if i can still fit it through a 32" door.
    Thank you

Rob
    The base will easily fit through a 32" door, with the pan removed. I'd guess it's probably no more than 26-28" wide. 34" is perhaps the width of the packing crate it all comes in?

Regards,
    Ray L.

As a matter of fact, the widest dimension is 29" at the feet. More than enough room to fit through even a 30" standard door.

The similarities between the Pulsar and PRO stand are almost total. Except for the fluid level tube and it's general size, the features are the same.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Will this fit the nm145 or can it be retro fitted for it?

The stand is very large for in relation to the NM-145, but it can be made to fit with some special bars/plates that you can make. For sure you would never run out of coolant or not have a place to send the chips! We can set you up with some footprint drawing to check the compatibility out if you need.

We would love to see this combination. This would be one for the diary.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Page 1 of 2 12