586,032 active members*
2,914 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Torq-Cut 30 Feed Adjustment Control

Bridgeport Torq-Cut 30 Feed Adjustment Control

Hey everyone. I have an issue with my Bridgeport Torq-Cut 30 I can't figure out.
    I have a Torq-Cut 30 with DX32 control (the last software revision) and the manual feed rate knob on the console stopped working. When I try to adjust the feed rate with the console knob, the % change does show up on the screen (so it's not the adjustment knob itself) but the machine ignores it. I haven't changed or messed with anything on the machine. Any ideas? To add, the spindle speed adjust still works.
    Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Re: Bridgeport Torq-Cut 30 Feed Adjustment Control

Hi ss_again,

Enough time has passed that I suspect you have figured it out. But just in case, I think your feedrate override is off. In the green box in the upper right of the screen, the feedrate line should have the word 'ON' highlighted in red next to it. This means your feedrate knob will function while the program is running. If it reads 'off', press '3' while the program is not running and it will turn it back on. '3' turns the knob's activation on and off. It seems like a pretty useless feature to me, and a dangerous one.

Hope it helps...
    Jerry

Thanks soooo much ashes1970! That was it. You hit the nail on the head. I never once thought about the feed override button begin off. I feel dumb. I must have accidentally turned it off at one time and never noticed.
    Thanks again!

You're welcome. Obviously, I have done the same thing that you did so don't kick yourself too hard. I've been using that machine control now for 16 years. It certainly has its quirks but once I learned what it actually wants to be told, it does well for me.