586,493 active members*
2,145 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Old-Old Mastercam

Old-Old Mastercam

Does anyone have any instructions to create a toolpath in Mastercam 3.5?

Friend of mine has asked me to help him. having only used V8-9 I'm finding a few differences.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goddard
    ...I'm finding a few differences.....

LOL! I'll say. :cheers:

Are there help files? Perhaps you could sort thru them.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

have specific questions? I've used the old versions(4) and found them to be simple, powerful tools. You need to remember how to type file paths though...

Old old mastercam

Its editing the parameters I'm unsure about.I select the geometry and the type of cutter path, then a list of editable parameters appear...depth of cut etc. A cursor appears against the line to edit. However sometimes I can't get the cursor to line up with the line to edit, it jumps to the either the line above or below it....I can guess what your thinking...whats this guy on about.

This is just to get my mate working with the thing. Ideally I'd like to get hold of some written help so he can tackle other jobs. I don't want to be tied to his apron strings every time he gets a job. He's not computer literate..at all.

try using the arrow keys on your keyboard instead of the mouse to move up and down the parameter field.
    http://onedropyoyos.com/yoyos/

Have you had him try contacting CNC Software to see if the have some of the old books for that version on say PDF that you can get a hold of.
    I know thay have a room full of old computers having old version like 3.1 from back then.

I would try the tap to see if it would move to the next option.
    It has been 12 years sense I last touched V3 of MC, I think it was 1994 even thow at that time it was V4 then moved right to V5 with in say under 12 months.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I use V4 regularly, the arrow keys work for me. I love the old version, it's so simple and streamlined, also the old editor is the best! I use V9.1 at my day job and while it has many more bells and whistles, and is a much more powerful tool in terms of the operations manager and the graphic interface, for simple 2d tool paths(90% of what I do), V4 is still very very good.
    http://onedropyoyos.com/yoyos/

Thats a great idea...why didn't I think of that before.

Cheers.

I have a V3.1 manual around. There was no V3.5.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

surfcam to mastercam

Does anyone know how I can bring a surfcam file to mastercam? A friend of mine sent me some files and I want to run the parts but I use mastercam, I dont need to use his tool paths but I also dont want to have to re-enter all the geometry if I dont have to.. Thanks, Brian

Are they Iges file or Surfcam files? if they are surfcam files they cannot be brought in.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .