586,094 active members*
4,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone selling - Vcarve pro

I'm looking to buy a copy of Vcarve pro and was wondering if anyone is selling their copy?

Q1. Does Vectric support transferring licenses between people?

Q2. Whats the limit of the trail version. i can't find what it is?

Hello Mikie,

To answer your questions,

1. Vectric do allow license transfers. We need to contact the original owner to verify the position and to cancel their original license, so a new license can be issued to the new owner. There's a $50 charge to cover the administration costs associated with validating and transferring a license.

2. The Trial version will allow you to save toolpaths for the Evaluation files supplied with the software so these can be run / tested on your own CNC machine.

The Trial versions of the Vectric software products will open your own designs, calculate and preview toolpaths, but not allow these to be saved as CNC code.

Files created and saved using the Trial version cannot be opened on another PC using a full version of the software. This means you can't design using the trial version and send the file to a licensed user to obtain the toolpath code.

Let me know if you have any questions - (sales at vectric dot com)

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for taking a practical and common sense approach to license transfers.

Most people overlook this when deciding which software to purchase.

Jack

VCarve Pro is an excellent software package, it brought my router to life. I'm running version 4.6 and wouldn't dream of selling, only upgrading to Aspire. It was worth every penny. Check their list of standard post processors for your machine, there are many included with it. This way you can write posts to different types of controllers without extra added costs like some other programs out there. Good luck finding a used copy of VCarve for sale, usually only software which is lacking gets sold.

Jim

Jim,

Given the lack of response I expect no one is willing to sell.
    My problem is that all the prices listed on Vectrics site do not convert very well to Australian dollars, thus my request.

/M

mikie,

Mabey Fred can help you out here http://www.imsrv.com/
    IMSRV has been selling VCarve for a while now. That is where I will upgrade to Aspire in the future. They are very friendly and helpful there, I have been working with them for a few years now.

Jim

Jim

But isn't the price set by Vectric or do you mean with people that may wish to relinquish their software? Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

mikie,

You posted problems of dollar conversions on the Vetric site, just offering you another option. Before IMSRV offered it, I purchased my VCarve Pro through this site: http://www.vectorart3d.com/index.cfm...e_Software.htm for a package discounted price with a bunch of vee carving art, but it looks like they only have Aspire now.

Jim

"Buy the best and cry once, buy crap and cry forever" , and I have bought my share of the latter.

Cheers Jim,

Now i understand.
    Actually Vectric have their software listed on their site with USD and Pounds.

I had an idea this is what you meant.
    Thanks for the feedback, it was appreciated.

/M

mikie,

I just remembered speaking with Tony at Vetric to straighten out my registration, it was a while ago. You will love the VCarve Pro. There have been quite a few improvements, I think it is up to version 5 now.

Jim

I downloaded the trial version yesterday and I have to say it is quite straight forward to use.

I have started looking at the tutorials to see the what it can do, but i have only got through the first one so far.

The only problem with the trial version is that when i converted a picture to vectors and tried to generate Gcode, it crashed. Tony mentions above that it should output the code and allow you to run the emulation but not save it. So maybe the file i had was too big or it was my machine that broke.

mikie,

The trial version will only post code of the few sample files within the trial version. Search around, they are there somewhere. I made code from them which I ran the first time out. One of them is large, so you may want to scale it down a bit. Make sure to select your post processor when saving your code.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

That makes perfect sense now. My problem is my brain.
    Will look it over now. Hopefully there is a post processor for the Syil X4

Hi Mikie,
    You are most likely using Mach3 as a controller, so you will want to use the Mach post processor. I use VcarvePro with my Syil SX3 and Mach3 and it works great.

Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

No luck transferring license on V-carve Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post
    I'm looking to buy a copy of Vcarve pro and was wondering if anyone is selling their copy?

Q1. Does Vectric support transferring licenses between people?

Q2. Whats the limit of the trail version. i can't find what it is?
    I bought my Shopbot, along with a copy of Vcarve Pro at an estate sale.
    The original owner had passed away but his family assured me that Vectric would transfer the license so I could upgrade to the
    latest version of Vcarve Pro.
    Now Vectric tells me that unless the original owner responds to emails from Vectric the transfer won't be allowed.
    In my case the original purchaser is unable to respond and Vectric has not answered several of my emails attempting to explain the situation.

If Vectric is willing to resolve an issue (that cannot be unique) I'll post the resolution in this forum.
    I must say that Vectrics transfer policy appears to only allow transfers as long as the original purchaser is still living.
    I guess that is the definition of "Life-time guarantee"

I have been using VCarve Pro 6.5 and absolutely love it. I couldn't imagine doing my sign carving without it. When I first bought it, I thought it was very expensive, but soon found out it was worth every penny.
    Mike Kearns
    noveltysigncarver.com