586,069 active members*
3,671 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Acramatic 2100 power outage in mid tool change.Cant finish toolchange after restart

Acramatic 2100 power outage in mid tool change.Cant finish toolchange after restart

I should clarify (from my earlier post) That there was a power outage in mid tool change. After restarting the machine (VMC) the tool carousel remains to the right holding a tool under the spindle with the spindle frozen about 2 inches away from picking it. The alarm 39-40 shows, it declares a carousel proximity switch has malfunctioned (but it hasnt, its from the power outage) I cant get rid of the alarm. Does anyone know how I could finish this tool change? (year 2000 acramatic 2100 control)

Re: Acramatic 2100 power outage in mid tool change.Cant finish toolchange after rest

I assume that you have a ARROW or SABRE machine. You can place something under the spindle (box) to catch the tool and go to mech jog, press more till you get to tool drum to park, press that button and the drum should go back to park and the tool will fall out into the box. Mike cncmachineservices.com

Re: Acramatic 2100 power outage in mid tool change.Cant finish toolchange after rest

Hi Mike, I appreciate your response. The problem has been fixed. I couldnt mech jog because the power outage happened when the spindle was picking the tool, it only had an inch to go before it could pick it. This means the carriage couldnt be rotated, the spindle was also down to far on the tool for me to be able to pull it out of the carousel. I ended up having to manually push the carousel to its start position and catch the tool. Everything fell into place once the sensor determined the carousel was at home position. I discovered this would work by holding a piece of steel over the home position magnetic sensor. I have 2 machines with this control, they are both Mustangs sold by Mighty in the USA. All machines eventually have problems but I can truly say these machines have been very reliable work horses for me. they keep chugging along pounding out the work year after year with minimal problems. Having two machines with the same control is the way to go. Problems can be diagnosed by interchanging parts from the working machine, down time is significantly decreased. If I ever have to replace them you can be sure it will be a matching pair of machines again, the benefits are to strong to ignore.