586,115 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 setup with TB6560

Hi All,

My first steps into the CNC World..

I have build a machine, and am using a 3 axis TB6560 driver board.. ( I know cheap stuff) I was on a budget.

I have the board working and the motor's are turning when I use the Jog buttons in Mach 3.

BUT...

When the motors are turning I can stop them with my fingers, I don't think that is a good thing. I am thinking this is a setting problem somewhere.

The voltage I am using is 24V and the motor's used are these:

ftp://ftp.phytron.de/phytron-usa/ste...ors/zss-us.pdf

The Phytron ZSS 56-200

Any idea's ?

With kind regards..

I too am fairly new to homemade cnc. I have a purchased kit that total works, but I purchased this kit from ebay,

3 Axis Nema 23 stepper motor 287 oz.in CNC Router NEW on eBay.ca (item 280612051870 end time 06-Mar-11 00:51:38 EST)

the board number is, 3 Axis Driver Board TB6560 3.5A, however I believe in the instructions that came with it, it has TB6560M, not too sure if it is the same board as yours. I too am having trouble, but I can't even get the motors to turn continuous during jog mode in continuos mode. If I select step mode the jog works for the step I set. If I run a file, the motors don't really spin, but the numbers in Mach change as if they spin.

Was wondering if this is the same controler you have, and if so would you be willing to send the XML file for Mach. This is the configuartion file that saves all the settings,

Thanks,

Hey there reichert, wondering if you've had any luck with finding pins/settings for that board yet... I ordered from the same supplier but the 4 axis version

Nema34 stepper motor 878oz.in & 4 Axis Driver Board CNC on eBay.ca (item 270681060017 end time 15-Apr-11 02:46:03 EDT)

and am running into the same issues, I can get one of the motors to "kinda" spin "sometimes"

trying a number of settings on the dip switches aswell as in Mach 3 however am also totally new to all this so its very possible im making some very silly setup errors...........

Talking

i sort of have things working. I used the pinouts from the instruction, they all worked, i just didn't spin, so I had to lower the velocity and accelertion values, i think my velocity is set to 20 and accelertion is set to 4, i have set to full power, 1/2 step and decay is both dips are on. if i increase velocity, then motors have no power and stall out. If I increase too much, like about 70 or so, then the motors just vibrate and not spin.

These motors all really crappy, and I never really got any help from them. I did complain enough and they refunded part of it. I endded up changing the motors out to 2 amp, 65 volt, get a little more speed, but only running 24 volts, so I need a bigger power supply, but these boards only handle 36 volts max and read i everywhere they will burn out. So for now I just run them at max 20 ipm until i buy a new board. It is a little slow, but at least they work.

Also in the Mach software I selected the Sherline 1/2 step. This is the same place you set the 35000 hz when setting up,

Sorry for the some unclear info, I am at work and I don't have the info here, so doing this from memory.

I also tried Linux EMC2 and found that is was even worse speed and very hard to configure.

So what I would do first is lower your acceleration to 10-15 and acceleration to 4, the other 2 values beside these that are sert to zero, i changeed to 2 each. Hopefully this will get you spinning, that is what worked for me. then just play with slowing increasing the velocity until things stall out, then lower them by about 15-20% For example I can get 30 ipm, but if there is a slight bind on the table, then they stall, so I lowered it until I can safely run full length of my machine.

Hope this helps,

Hey thanks!

that being said either we have=different boards or different instructions, as the .doc file in the supplied dvd has a picture of a different board and if I use the supplied pinouts nothing moves. By trial and error iv managed to find the step pin for X but thats it, no CW/CCW and nothing for YZA...
    if its not a major pain do you mind posting what pinouts they sent you?
    Im worried the hunt and peck approach to finding these pins is going to take a while

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerYYJ View Post
    Hey thanks!

that being said either we have=different boards or different instructions, as the .doc file in the supplied dvd has a picture of a different board and if I use the supplied pinouts nothing moves. By trial and error iv managed to find the step pin for X but thats it, no CW/CCW and nothing for YZA...
    if its not a major pain do you mind posting what pinouts they sent you?
    Im worried the hunt and peck approach to finding these pins is going to take a while
    I have uploaded the file they gave me and these are what I used, however this is 3 axis, so might be different.

I found this link on google,

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...gIOMz6rJjGHAfQ

it is a little different than mine, is it the same as yours.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is some information on the Red and Blue board found on E-Bay among other places on the web.

For the Blue board: tb6560 driver board on a Rep-Rap machine

For the Red board: Red TB6560 driver board

Hope this helps!

blue tb6560 4axis with nema 34 878 oz on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by reichert View Post
    I too am fairly new to homemade cnc. I have a purchased kit that total works, but I purchased this kit from ebay,

3 Axis Nema 23 stepper motor 287 oz.in CNC Router NEW on eBay.ca (item 280612051870 end time 06-Mar-11 00:51:38 EST)

the board number is, 3 Axis Driver Board TB6560 3.5A, however I believe in the instructions that came with it, it has TB6560M, not too sure if it is the same board as yours. I too am having trouble, but I can't even get the motors to turn continuous during jog mode in continuos mode. If I select step mode the jog works for the step I set. If I run a file, the motors don't really spin, but the numbers in Mach change as if they spin.

Was wondering if this is the same controler you have, and if so would you be willing to send the XML file for Mach. This is the configuartion file that saves all the settings,

Thanks,
    hey my friend use this seting and u will be up and running in notime set mach 3 as this guide shows

TB6560 4 AXIS

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerYYJ View Post
    Hey there reichert, wondering if you've had any luck with finding pins/settings for that board yet... I ordered from the same supplier but the 4 axis version

Nema34 stepper motor 878oz.in & 4 Axis Driver Board CNC on eBay.ca (item 270681060017 end time 15-Apr-11 02:46:03 EDT)

and am running into the same issues, I can get one of the motors to "kinda" spin "sometimes"

trying a number of settings on the dip switches aswell as in Mach 3 however am also totally new to all this so its very possible im making some very silly setup errors...........
    USE THIS SETTINGS AS THEY SHOWS ON THE MANUAL IT WORKS FOR ME I HAVE THE SAME KIT

Hi, I hope you aren't struggling with this step any longer. It can get discouraging specially if you have been working at this for some time with no real results.
    I attached an image of the pin-out and the .xml file you need to configure the red board.
    Just place the file in the Mach3 program folder, start the launch tool, select the Red profile vs mill or lathe.
    the pinout is on this page under the red TB6560 driver image... http://whatisacnc.com/driver-board/tb6560/
    That's it, should work for you!

Best wishes,

Rob
    what is a cnc

hello, anyone know how to configure the "steppes / inches" or "steppes / mm" in driver tb6560 3 axis ?
    help me )

Quote Originally Posted by moreira940 View Post
    hello, anyone know how to configure the "steppes / inches" or "steppes / mm" in driver tb6560 3 axis ?
    help me )
    The configuration option on the TB6560 board that affects the steps/inch calculation is the microstepping value, which is set by the DIP switches for each axis.

You can set the switches for full steps, 1/2 steps, 1/8 steps, or 1/16 steps.

So, for example, if you are using 1/8 steps, and your stepper motor has 200 steps per revolution, then that means you are using 1600 steps per revolution (which is calculated as 8 * 200).

To convert 1600 steps per revolution into steps per inch, you need to know the pitch of your leadscrew (if you are driving a leadscrew from the motor). For example, if your leadscrew has a pitch of 10 turns per inch, then you will have to have 10 motor revolutions to move the leadscrew nut by one inch. Therefore you will need 10 * 1600 steps to move by one inch, or 16000 steps per inch.

thanks, but still was not clear after which introduce this number from stepps for the machine to know ?

thanks, but still was not clear after which introduce this number from stepps for the machine to know ?
    I'm sorry, but I do not understand your question.

what is the option for the MACH3 I configure stepps / mm

hai all... aim using TB6560 driver and mach3 .. my problem is that when my program end in the 0,0 point . i get my X position is offset 2mm to left, but my mach3 monitor show X0,Y0,Z0,... can any one help me....

Hi

Try this to determine how many steps per MM; I still need to make one for TPI but figured this was a good way to start.
    Just enter TPI (Threads Per Inch) and Motor Step Angle..
    steps per inch mach3 wizard Conversion tool just enter TPI and Step angle to get steps per MM