586,055 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Router Table Randomly Pauses

My CNC Router Table (Dyna DLI4848RSR-DA 4'x4') Randomly Pauses. I've taken a video of what I mean below. Has anyone else ever experience this?

CNC Router Randomly Pauses - YouTube

I wasn't able to find too much about this issue on the forum. It appears this person was having the same issues:
    LeviManselle.com - MACH3

I suspect is a setting in Mach3 or perhaps hardware is failing? What is the best way to narrow this down?

As I said before, I would think that you must have some type of electrical circuit that's wired to the pause button, that's being triggered by noise. I don't know of anything else that would trigger the pause button.
    The fact that the other person you found is running the same machine would make that even more credible.

The only other thing I can think of is an invalid Mach3 license. Try removing the license, and run in demo mode and see if it still pauses.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the input Gerry, I will check the wires this week.

On another note when I jog my table some times I hear the steppers try to move but the table just jams up. Do you think this could be related?

I cleaned/oiled the rails, check to make sure the rails were fastened and square but it still happens.

I forgot to add when I let go of the jog control and try again it generally works. Some times it will jam up again. This happens on the x y and z, which is a bit strange

No, most likely not related. You could have some binding somewhere, or your acceleration is set too high, or possibly issues with the PC. Has it always done this, or has it just started?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I checked all the wires on the machine today. Found some loose connections to the Geckodrive(G201) for the X axis. Phase A, B and C were loose(do you know what these do?). I tightened them back up and hopefully that takes care of the random pause issue. Ill rerun the Gcode tomorrow to see if it continue to pause randomly.

If the issue persist how can I determine which circuit(s) are connected to the pause button? Is this visible some where on Mach3?

As for the stalling when jogging issue. Its still occurring even after tightening the Geckodrives and reducing the acceleration/velocity. Here's a video of what i mean.

CNC Router Stalling - YouTube

My Dyna 6000 went to Reset a few times while it was hooked to internet and Norton AV was running. Is this a new issue after a change in hardware or software or on going?
    Have you tried reloading your original xml file for Mach3 from Dynacnc? Maybe a new parallel port cable from machine to computer(just a thought).

Mike

Found some loose connections to the Geckodrive(G201) for the X axis. Phase A, B and C were loose(do you know what these do?). I tightened them back up and hopefully that takes care of the random pause issue.
    The Phase wires provide power to the motors. You're lucky the drives still work. If those wires are disconnected with power applied, the drive will usually die.
    They shouldn't have anything to do with the pause issue.

If the issue persist how can I determine which circuit(s) are connected to the pause button? Is this visible some where on Mach3?
    If you don't have a button, then there's probably nothing connected to it. See if you have any OEM Trigger inputs in Config > Ports and Pins.
    I just don't see any other way that the machine can go into Pause mode by itself.

Does the stalling occur at any speed? Is it always in the same place, or random locations?

Was the machine ever running fine at some point?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

My Dynacnc machine is a 6000 series Router/Plasma, 48 x 48 with servos
    Noticed on your mach3 screen below router/spindle on/off you have another light flashing in what looks like a spindle control box, I do not have this box. Just to the right of the spindle control box is 4 other lines of buttons I cannot read, I do not have any of those in my screen set either. It looks like you are using a Router correct? Could that spindle control stuff be sending out a sporadic signal to who knows where?
    As asked before, Did the machine ever run fine before this? If it did, maybe remove all the Mach3 and Dyna software and folders then reinstall and reconfigure.

Mike

Hey Mike do you mind sending me a screen shot of your Mach 3 screen?

The machine started to randomly pause over a year ago. When this issue first started I didn't think much of it as the pauses were far and few in between. The pauses have been happening more frequently. Its gotten to the point where it will pause every 5-10 seconds 10 times in a row.

Generally I can just hit run and things will continue on. However I did that today and movement started up again but the speed was greatly reduced. The screen was reading 20 IPM but it was going about 90% slower. The cut part was still correct but it took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1948 View Post
    It looks like you are using a Router correct? Could that spindle control stuff be sending out a sporadic signal to who knows where?
    Mike
    Yes it is a router. Ill have to confirm that I have copies of the dyna software still. By chance do you have the config files?

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Does the stalling occur at any speed? Is it always in the same place, or random locations?

Was the machine ever running fine at some point?
    I've adjusted acceleration and velocity and the stalls and pausing issue still happen.

The stalling and pausing can occur anywhere on the table. It doesn't seem to be bias to any particular area.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptodecals View Post
    Yes it is a router. Ill have to confirm that I have copies of the dyna software still. By chance do you have the config files?
    Here is the router config file. You will have to reconfigure port address and maybe axis directions. I will try to get a screen shot later today.
    By chance do you have the router plugged into the control box. That outlet is only rated for 7 amps as I remember. I have mine on a wall outlet and turn on and off manually.

Mike

I have mine plugged into a wall outlet and turned on and off manually as well.

Thanks for the config files!

Should the check boxes be checked for "Port Enabled" for both port#1 and port#2 within the ports and pin settings?

For a router all you need is port #1, I believe. Port 2 is for plasma cutting

Mike

Re: CNC Router Table Randomly Pauses

The random pausing still occurs even with your config file. Is there any way to disable pause in mach3? that way I can determine if its a software or hardware issue?

Re: CNC Router Table Randomly Pauses

I reformatted the computer and only installed mach3 with my original config files. I was able to find the disc's and realized I actually have a DynaCNC1000. The random pauses still occur so it looks to be a hardware issue.