586,106 active members*
3,002 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Motion Control Products - MO-CON501 Pendant Controller manual

Motion Control Products - MO-CON501 Pendant Controller manual

Hi everyone. Hopefully I can get some guidance here as the user manual is about as clear as mud. I am a novice trying to learn on the go and have come unstuck. My machine is Quick K6100A and the above controller, which until now (18 mths) has been great. Unfortunately Im one of those guys who likes to fiddle while learning and I have no idea what Ive done, or when ( I only use the machine seldomly) but I can tell you what the problems are:

When using the CAD to set the Z axis height, the cutting tool used to stop when it made contact and then back off. For some reason it stopped backing away- trapping the CAD in place. After removing the CAD, the machine cut air instead of my work. Ive made the assumption that an 'auto' setting in the controller has been changed and gone looking and playing with settings
    (chair)(yes- stupid). Now while doing this and testing the outcome of each change, the Universal joint, on the X Axis has slipped along the shaft (loose allen key), and come adrift, allowing the motor to continue spinning, without the bench moving. I have now re-attached and tightened the joint, but have no idea if this will have effected the relationship between the physical and electronic homes. I believe this has come adrift due to the home settings being at the physical limits and hammering the bench against the end of its travel. so I have been trying to adjust this as well - thinking thats the difference between a soft setting and a hard setting? Now Im totally in the dark, and the user manual does not give any info on fault finding or what each function actually does, or how things actually work, so that I can work it out. Further Ive now read the User Manual from cover to cover several times and I cannot find any useful info on setting up 'HOME' or the CAD
    so questions:

1) The manual says it can accept inputs from three limit switches, but there is no info on how to set this function? Does the machine 'home' get set by the machine reaching the end of travel, the auto stop triggers, or should it be set using the controller? Currently when going home- the motors all sound like they are working for a fraction of a second after they hit the stops before switching off. The User manual refers to soft and hard settings, but there is NO info on what these are, or what the terminology means or how to set/change them.
    :drowning:

2) Does the fact that the cutting tool does not back away suggest that the Z limit is incorrectly set, and if so, how do you adjust this? If not, what do you think I have done to get myself in this pickle?
    :drowning:

Feedback - No - assistance would be VERY welcomed.
    :withstupi

Kind Regards. Noel

I'm a UK based agent for Quick. Send me a pm with your details, that of the machine and a copy of your purchase invoice if you have it, and I'll try and get you a copy of the factory default settings for your DSP.
    When it all goes wrong, own up and tell the boss it was someone else!

Hi Prinkly Punter, Thanks for the reply. I have managed to untangle it through the same practice that got me in this position- Playing around!!!! Put simply, I went through the menu, again and again, and finally found an option that said something about asking if the machine had Axis sensors. Changed that and away we went- Everything fixed in one sweep- Z axis now moving away from the CAD as soon as it makes contact, and the X & Y axis now stopping as soon as the sensors are activated- ie- b4 the 'hard stop/solid thumps are heard.

Kinda feel happy that Ive solved it myself- Gives me more confidence going forward that despite being a challenge, this thing is kinda common sense, if you just relax, walk away, clear the head and start over.

Thank you for your offer of assistance- Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Noel

Good to hear that you got it all sorted out Noel
    When it all goes wrong, own up and tell the boss it was someone else!