587,070 active members*
3,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > OneCNC XP Expert - Mold Cavity

OneCNC XP Expert - Mold Cavity

Here is a mold imported and machined in the OneCNC XP Series Mill Expert. The OneCNC XP Series is a unique and powerful product that provides an array of tools and technology levels that are unavailable in any other system.

This mold is for a new patented water bottle for cyclists as a handsfree solution and debuted at the Ironman Triathalon in Kona Hawaii this year.
    For more information on the XP Series Click Here

Another image of both halves

Both halves of the mold cavity..and one proud shop owner (Wayne, I told you we'd make you famous)

Click Here for more information on OneCNC

Nice!

The Never Reach In Action

Here is final product in action...

Re: OneCNC XP Expert - Mold Cavity

Originally posted by OneCNC
    [B]Here is a mold imported and machined in the OneCNC XP Series Mill Expert. The OneCNC XP Series is a unique and powerful product that provides an array of tools and technology levels that are unavailable in any other system.
    Now, OneCNC is a nice package, especially for the price it's outstanding, but saying 'an array of tools and technology levels that are unavailable in any other system' is nothing but a naive blanket statement.

Naive Blanket Statement

Steve Mack,

Thanks for the compliments but your statement
    "saying 'an array of tools and technology levels that are unavailable in any other system' is nothing but a naive blanket statement" is inaccurate and a negation of my statement not based on experience or knowledge of our product.

100% of OneCNC's technology is proprietary, we do not license technology from anyone.

An example is the machinng of NURBS: OneCNC does so directly using our SMT technology. The systems do not convert surface data to polygons or STL files and then project a toolpath over these priitive surface data, OneCNC machines NURBS by interrogating models directly, thus providing a smoother more accurate toolpath.

Below are a few of the technologies only available in OneCNC:

OneCNC Hybird Modeling/Machining technology
    REST Robot Verification
    SMT Machining
    Multi Logic Machining (Wireframe and Solids toolpaths)
    Full Wizard driven CAM

So Steve, What CAD/CAM system have you developed or are expert in that qualifies you to criticize or negate?

OneCNC

Re: Naive Blanket Statement

Originally posted by OneCNC
    [B]Steve Mack,

Thanks for the compliments but your statement
    "saying 'an array of tools and technology levels that are unavailable in any other system' is nothing but a naive blanket statement" is inaccurate and a negation of my statement not based on experience or knowledge of our product.
    Not trying to get into a flame war here in any way shape or form. But yes, my statement is based on experience. Experience with your product(not your latest however) and more. If you took my statement as a personal attack on your product, I appologize.

100% of OneCNC's technology is proprietary, we do not license technology from anyone.
    That's GREAT! Keeps your costs/royalties down that you obviously pass off to the end user.

An example is the machinng of NURBS: OneCNC does so directly using our SMT technology. The systems do not convert surface data to polygons or STL files and then project a toolpath over these priitive surface data, OneCNC machines NURBS by interrogating models directly, thus providing a smoother more accurate toolpath.
    See, this is beyond the 'blanket statement' I was noting. It still doesn't help the end user as much as you're implying. For example, when machining in Delcam's PowerMill, when a tolerence is set to .0001, behind the scenes, IIRC, PowerMill lays triangles down on the surfaces to 1/4 of that tolerence. In otherwords, it's laying them down at .000025" How much more accuracy are you going to see?

Below are a few of the technologies only available in OneCNC:

OneCNC Hybird Modeling/Machining technology
    No offense intended, but since when is Hybrid Modeling exclusive to OneCNC? How is OneCNC's hybrid modeling/machining any different from your competition, beyond your bang for the buck factor?

REST Robot Verification
    How is OneCNC's any different/Advantages for the end user from your competition?

SMT Machining
    Multi Logic Machining (Wireframe and Solids toolpaths)
    Okay, so you can machine wireframe and solids in one fell swoop... How is this different from your competition?

Full Wizard driven CAM
    That's great, so is Delcam's 'Autocam'.

So Steve, What CAD/CAM system have you developed or are expert in that qualifies you to criticize or negate?
    Expert... Who said I'm an 'expert'

I consider myself 'extensively knowledgable' about several systems in the past 15 years. Those including Delcam PowerShape/PowerMill, Mastercam, Surfcam, and WorkNC.

Again, I appologize if you took any of my comments as a personal attack.

Explained

Steve,

I'm not offended by your statement but anyone that makes a compliment and an insult in the same sentence has motives other than a friendly posting:

I'll leave it at that, and apology accepted.

OneCNC