586,035 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 210I-T Can't enter MDI mode

Fanuc 210I-T Can't enter MDI mode

Hi,

I have a COMBI 3000 with FANUC 210i-T control. The controller has a key in front from where you can choose MDI mode or EDIT mode. The EDIT mode is controller by a pc card that runs Win95.

I had a problem with the pc card. After a lot of research i managed to fix it (changed the ram module on top) and finally the machine is starting. I have an error 910 which is SRAM error. Sounds normal since i removed the SRAM card and i guess i lost all parameters. I have a printout with all parameters and also an old backup , but the problem is that i can't enter MDI mode. I turn the key and nothing happens. Tried to turn the key in emergency mode but still nothing.
    Any clues?

You should have the boot menu that you can access at startup by pressing the two right most menu keys at power up (right arrow menu key and the square button that is the most at the right). Then you go to 5.SRAM Data Backup, then to 2.Restore SRAM (memory card -> CNC), and load back the SRAM backup file(s) that you have.
    Cheers.

I also forgot to tell you that MDI mode is selected from PLC, so in case you somehow lost your PLC from your flash ROM, you should load it back using boot menu, 1.System Data Loading, then select your .000 ladder backup file that's on your PCMCIA memory card.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by botha.y View Post
    You should have the boot menu that you can access at startup by pressing the two right most menu keys at power up (right arrow menu key and the square button that is the most at the right). Then you go to 5.SRAM Data Backup, then to 2.Restore SRAM (memory card -> CNC), and load back the SRAM backup file(s) that you have.
    Cheers.