586,320 active members*
3,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Grizzly G0602 Spindle removal

Post Grizzly G0602 Spindle removal

Does anyone know which side of the spindle housing the spindle pulls out of ? it looks like to me that it pulls out of the bed side of the housing i have to replace the spindle bearings because the original bearings went bad but i don't want to go banging around and pulling on stuff till i figure it out. Thanks in advance guys

Anybody ?

I am not sure, but there is a yahoo group for the G0602 and similar lathes where a bunch of people I believe have done this, you may want to join that and ask over there.

Thanks AVRnj. I greatly appreciate it !

No problem, you will have to request membership since it's a restricted group, but that is usually pretty quick and the members are really helpful. If you need the link just PM me, I don't want to post it here since they may not appreciate that, not sure.

Thanks i already got approved membership, and about 10 miniutes after i had the info i needed and about 30 minutes after that i had the new bearings installed. I pretty much knew what had to be done but wanted to verify it before banging and pulling on things and then realizing that i was doing something wrong, i realized that was a bad method in my years working on Porsches there's always a hidden set screw or reverse threaded bolt somewhere and then you turn a 1 hour job into a nightmare haha. Now i will be able to start my CNC conversion :banana: