586,116 active members*
3,474 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DynaCNC + Miller 625???

Anybody know if I can use my Miller 625 with the DynaCNC? or for that matter any of the CNC tables?

Also will the ATHC work with a hand torch?

As you would guess I'm a stage 1 NEWB, but looking to buy a CNC plasma table.

Thanks for the info

DynaCNC Miller Plasma

Yes, You can use just about any Plasma Torch with a DynaCNC Table. Their electronics hook up to hand as well as machine torches.

The 625 is a challenge to use because the current is really low and it uses an Power Factor corrected inverter. It makes sensing the Arc Good a problem using the conventional primary side Current transformer shipped with the controls. MIller has a Magnetic sensor that goes on the workclamp lead that can be used with some modifications with the DYNACNC electronics. The only challenge with a handtorch is the holder.

If you do get it working it, will cut really well because of it's small kerf.
    I used a new one again the other day, along with the new e-treme 375.
    Miller has came a long way with their plasma machines. I not the biggest
    fan of the Hypertherm torch but others really like them. Anyway it should
    give you laser like cuts when everything is dialed in.

Hi, can you give me more information on the MIller has a Magnetic sensor that goes on the workclamp lead. I have a hypertherm 30 I am trying to use on a cnc torch height control. I could not find any info on the Miller site.
    Thanks

I don't know the miller part number but a customer that had a smaller unit found one and it worked. It's about $50.00 or more.

We have a design project underway that is a clamp-on current probe that will have a digital readout (of cutting amps) and allow for a variable trip point for Arc OK. It's only at the schematic stage now but I have parts ordered. It will be a option for our Digital THC series (MP1000C-THC). If nothing else it will show you the actual amps flowing through the workclamp and perhaps let you set closer cut current for smaller tips.

At this point I don't have a price or a lot of details but join my support Forum on yahoo (there is a link off the webpage for on-line support) and my announcements get made there first. Members also get special deals during the year.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com