Old thread, but maybe someone can advise. I used the sketch from post #53. Mechanically, things appear to work, but, I have LCD issues (and I used the posted library files).

At boot, I only get the "R" of the welcome message, and I know it is the "R" from "Rotarye Control", as if I put an "X" in front of the "R" in the sketch, then I get an "X". I do NOT get the other following messages: CrankyTechGuy CNC nor Copyright 2014. It next displays just the "S" for "Select Op Mode" as shown in the Youtube video in post #52, but no DIV[A] or DEG[B].

I can however choose A or B on my keypad, and the display then shows the first letters of the next menu, an "E" on the top row and an "R" on the bottom, obviously reflecting the first letters from the word "Enter" and "Reset".

I am able to type in a division or degree based on the A/B choice and it correctly displays on line 3 like the video, and # to continue, but again, the LCD has a mind of its own, displaying only the first letter of P for Pos and next to it, 0.00. One row down, it displays the D of Dpm: and next to it, it skips the first digit I typed in as the division I entered one screen earlier. Using [A] or [B] DOES rotate my table.

So, it somewhat works, but the display is wacked. I tried another brand LCD and got the same results.

So, this looks simple, but I am not sure what it could be. Anyone ??