586,076 active members*
4,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Copying Profile from Top UCS into Custom UCS

Copying Profile from Top UCS into Custom UCS

Have a complicated profile in the Top UCS and want to put it in multiple other Custom UCS's without having to redraw. I realize I can draw (redraw) any 2-D profile in the current (Custom) UCS and it will be in that UCS as opposed to the normal Top UCS. My question is; How do I copy/translate/rotate a Top UCS profile into another Custom UCS without having to redraw the profile or without having to "measure" the angles and rotate using those angles? I would like to simply copy/paste, but this does not work. Using V25 (current build). Thanks in advance for any help.
    Steve
    V28/29 4x Pro, Haas VF-3SSYT, Haas SL-30

I think your stuck there. In the future, you want to reverse your workflow. Create your geometry, then rotate and move It to where you want it, then make your custom ucs off of that. Create a large plane around your first intial geometry and include that in your moves, then make the ucs from the plane.

That's the best I have.

bobcad guy Guest

Re: Copying Profile from Top UCS into Custom UCS

perhaps I misunderstand the issue but, cant you simply copy the geometry onto a new layer, then turn off the orig layer, and assign the new ucs to the new layer, and replicate that for each view you want?

Re: Copying Profile from Top UCS into Custom UCS

Quote Originally Posted by bobcad guy View Post
    perhaps I misunderstand the issue but, cant you simply copy the geometry onto a new layer, then turn off the orig layer, and assign the new ucs to the new layer, and replicate that for each view you want?
    The question as I understand it is how to get geometry from one plane to another in a custom UCS - imagine for instance a dodecahedron with each face a custom UCS, how to you get a design onto each face without working out the angular and spacial relationships between planes and then translating the geometry, it's an interesting one!