586,058 active members*
4,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > USA Club House > HELP! Anybody have a Gerber Advantage 400 (AR400) CNC router?

HELP! Anybody have a Gerber Advantage 400 (AR400) CNC router?

I have a Gerber Advantage 400 also known as the AR400. It is old and not supported by Gerber. I do not have the software to run it so I am looking for the software. Does anybody know if it will run with Omega 5 CS? I have been told the software does list my machine but Gerber hasn't tested it so they won't guarantee it will work (actually they don't even like to talk about it, AR400 seems like a bad word to them). Before I spend the BIG MONEY on the software I would like to know if anybody is running one of these with Omega 5 or any other version for that matter. What software are you running? I have also been thinking about looking into the cost of doing a retrofit instead of making the investment of proprietary software. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Re: HELP! Anybody have a Gerber Advantage 400 (AR400) CNC router?

I just finished retrofitting this machine to mach 3 control. You will need artpath if you want to use Omega to run it. I do like Omega and use the software with my Edge/hs15 but for running a cnc router it's rather lacking. The retrofit was an easy decision for me because the original controller was dead. I just bought my machine from a local Signarama. Gerber won't service the machine anymore so I got it for a steal $400 bucks. It cost me less than $400 to retrofit the entire controller.
    Here's a vid of the retrofit:
    www.decalpro.ca

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbike View Post
    I just finished retrofitting this machine to mach 3 control. You will need artpath if you want to use Omega to run it. I do like Omega and use the software with my Edge/hs15 but for running a cnc router it's rather lacking. The retrofit was an easy decision for me because the original controller was dead. I just bought my machine from a local Signarama. Gerber won't service the machine anymore so I got it for a steal $400 bucks. It cost me less than $400 to retrofit the entire controller.
    Here's a vid of the retrofit:
    Thanks for the reply and doing a video on this retrofit. I haven't seen anything on these machines so your video was a first. It is very hard to find information on the AR400 routers. Please let me know when you have another video to show.

Did my 1st cut on the ar400 today. Was waiting for a 1/2 to 6mm adapter sleeve for the V carving bit I had. Cut perfect with no issues.
    www.decalpro.ca