hey guys,first of all, excuse me if i make any mistypes,but i'm from romania (europe)
i think you can help me, i looks at a lots of pages and forums, but didn't find anything relevant
i want to build a thermoforming table (i mean that with compressed air blown from the top inside somekind of a "bell" instead of beeing vacuumed from the bottom) or a vacuumforming table. i need it to be 150x150 cm (about 60x60 inches).
i want to make custom interior panels for cars, so the detailing is not that precise and the shapes are mainly sloped, without any close edges or corners.and the vertical size isn't bigger than 20 cm (8 inches)
because this is a custom and individual job, i would like to shape the models out of extrudated foam, then cover it in pvc tape, and then form a thin sheed (1-2 milimeter) of pvc or abs (whitch is the better for the job?) to give it some rigidity, and to be easy for the painter that i work with to paint them.
i know some of you would probably tell me to use fiberglass but i hate that crap, it's heavy(a panel with bondo reaches about 4-5 kg), unheathy and it's terible for the painter to get it smooth.

do you think this will melt the foam? i think that if the shape is pretty sloped, i don't have to heat the pvc/abs sheet so much

first of all, if i do a thermoforming table (or whatever that's called what i want to build) what pressure do i need (please in atmospheres)?

second: if i build a vacuumforming table, how big/high must the vacuum be
what kind of compressor/pump do i need?

third: what temperature must i heat the sheets to?

thanks