586,051 active members*
3,644 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Multicam MG Series

Help?? My Multicam MG series is having some problems and I can seem to figure it out. I am getting a error code 8 power failure. The machine seems to run fine for a wile then it locks up and gives me that code. when this happens i have to restart the machine then it will work fine again. Any ideas would help. Thanks so much.

Re: Multicam MG Series

Check your voltages.

5 volt power supply at the power supply should be 5.15, if you check at the control board the voltage should be 5.09.
    24 volt power supply should read 24 volts
    All of these voltages are DC and if the power supplies are good, they can be adjusted.
    Check that your volt meter can read 0.00 on the scale, not 0.0 you can easily go past the required voltage and actually cause a over voltage

Also check you main incoming voltage, if you machine has been moved. Your transformer may not be tapped correctly. Check you electrical drawings for the correct jumper setting on your transformer.

You could also be on the low side of incoming voltage, the machine can be tapped from 208-252, but if you are under 208 with incoming voltage, this can drop as the day continues as more equipment comes online.

If all voltages are correctly, you could have a loose connection either at the power supply or control board.