586,471 active members*
4,128 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > G03 or G02 for Convex Cut on CNC lathe??? Sigh

G03 or G02 for Convex Cut on CNC lathe??? Sigh

So i need to make some parts. Ive got an old cnc lathe with a fanuc6t controller. Im running into some trouble, where when i program my G03 commands to cut an arc, they cut them in a convex shape, i would like them to be in a concave shape (see pic)Attachment 229894

As you can see, point C on my drawing, needs to be concave. Ive tried loading into Bobcad, but ive found it to be such a turd, that i cant get anything useful out of the post processor. Ive tried with the faunc6t(multiple versions) and the mach 3 post processor as well.... No dice. So ive bought this software, and i still have to code my lathe longhand! Anyhow, i was hoping someone would be kind enough to point out the (im sure obvious) mistake that im making... Thanks in advance!

Re: G03 or G02 for Convex Cut on CNC lathe??? Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by coltac View Post
    So i need to make some parts. Ive got an old cnc lathe with a fanuc6t controller. Im running into some trouble, where when i program my G03 commands to cut an arc, they cut them in a convex shape, i would like them to be in a concave shape (see pic)Attachment 229894

As you can see, point C on my drawing, needs to be concave. Ive tried loading into Bobcad, but ive found it to be such a turd, that i cant get anything useful out of the post processor. Ive tried with the faunc6t(multiple versions) and the mach 3 post processor as well.... No dice. So ive bought this software, and i still have to code my lathe longhand! Anyhow, i was hoping someone would be kind enough to point out the (im sure obvious) mistake that im making... Thanks in advance!
    The Radius at A , B and D will use G03, C is G02.

Regards,

Bill

Re: G03 or G02 for Convex Cut on CNC lathe??? Sigh

Have a read of this. It might help.
    G-Code Tutorial: Arcs With G02 and G03
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.