586,082 active members*
3,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Y axis error after installing rebuilt servo motor/encoder - a2100 -tree vmc750

Y axis error after installing rebuilt servo motor/encoder - a2100 -tree vmc750

Well after having the servo and encoder rebuilt on my tree vmc 750 I'm getting a Y axis error:

Error is:
    Y axis grid align error
    The grid align for the yaxis completed its alignment move without finding the pulse marker

Remedy: check the encoder, encoder wiring, and marker pulse setup. the marker pulse setup is located in the servo configuration axis data. The index invert A and index invert B fields must be set correctly or the marker pulse may be missed.

I understand what it is telling me basically that I will need to "re align" the encoder so to speak but how do I do this? I went into the axis configuration page but it is only taking hard inputs (numbers) where can I find where the triggers are when I move the Y axis to find out how to update this?

I have the manuals for the machine but they are not extremely intuitive...or detailed in some cases. Anyone capable of walking me through this on a Tree vmc750 with A2100 control?

Thanks.

Re: Y axis error after installing rebuilt servo motor/encoder - a2100 -tree vmc750

I would ask first, why was the servo rebuilt? Did you also replace the cables? Lots of trees of this vintage are needing both X and Y cables replaced right now, the insulation is falling apart.
    This alarm basicaly means that the zero return switch was made, but the machine never saw the pulse from the encoder. Its possible its a software thing. Loosen the motor coupling and spin it 180deg on the ballscrew and then try it. That would be the simplest on that control.

Re: Y axis error after installing rebuilt servo motor/encoder - a2100 -tree vmc750

Hey underthetire,

That did it! I rotated the motor 180, tightened it back up and bingo it homed and it worked! AWESOME!! If your ever in southeast missouri area and need a beer, burger, or coffee let me know I owe you one!
    Fortunately I was smart enough not to pull all the covers back before I tested it, LOL.

Can you explain how this worked now..? I'm guessing the encoder signal was just a little off...?

It saw the switch, and tried to rotate a certain amount but never saw the marker. By rotating it, it rotated enough to see it. Glad it worked out.

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk