This will be my second plasma table build, our first table is a 4x6 with a powermax 45, G540 controller with LCTHC. You can see my first build here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...ble-build.html

We use the table day in and day out in our shop building offroad products and Jeep Bumpers, and recently have had issues with our powermax 45. After looking though our options we decided we wanted to go for a full size table and settled on a 5x10 size.

By going larger we wont have to have our steel supplier sheer our steel, and will ultimately save us money by fitting more product per sheet vs before.

So far I have been gathering parts:

5 x 20ft 2x3 .188 tubing for the frame
1 x 20ft 3x3 .120 tubing for the legs
Powermax 85 with machine torch
CandCNC blade runner 620x4 electronics
Refurbished Dell Computer

For the rails I am planning on using 3/8" x 3" cold roll bar stock and bearings, this will make it affordable and should be cheap to maintain and replace if it ever gets damaged etc...

Now since we have a working table it will make cutting parts for the table easy, I just have to find the time to throw it into the computer.

Now I am planning on building a belt reduction since I want the machine to be smooth and accurate, my other concern is the gantry is going to be made from steel and may be heavy. I am thinking a 3:1 reduction to pair to the 620oz steppers.

I will be updating this thread as I get more parts and will use this as a place to brainstorm.