586,094 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Business Practices > Business Practices / Pricing > Print filing and setup notes for CNCs

Print filing and setup notes for CNCs

I manage the machine shop at my company. We are going thru some changes and would like to get other peoples ideas or procedures for something. Upper management here wants to stop filing shop floor prints once projects are complete. We have been filing the paper prints (with all hand written programming and setup notes on them) once projects are complete. When the project, or any pc of that project is ever used or re-ordered (and this happens a lot), we simply go pull the print and send it back to the shop floor. We do not do mass production, we build low quantity, custom test fixturing for the electronics industry. What is about to happen will be, upon any re-order, the print will be re-printed out fresh from engineering or sales and given to the shop floor / programmer. The tool list is easy enough to put back on the print (we use Surfcam6). How do people re-do setup info, such as material size, operations, or any crucial info that gets put on the drawing on the shop floor. I am being told that I must now store all critical setup info electronically so we do not have to keep saving the paper drawings. Any ideas would be tremendously helpful. BTW, the persons demanding this change are not shop guys, the are sales / engineering.

Interesting story Keep it up......!!!!!!

Print filing and setup notes for CNCs

You can always scan the papers (depending on size) with the notes and store them electronically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch me learn at www.youtube.com/dataprotocnc

True.... Now a days electronically data is very fast and save our time so why does we keep paper drawings.... I am totally agree with you.. Keep it up...

Re: Print filing and setup notes for CNCs

i put all the info in the part program. part number rev number, special notes. tool list, g50's etc. then when you pull up that program in the machine, or from usb, you have everything you need on your screen. only a print is needed for inspection. i also put the cycle time, and the latest date job was ran. just how i do it.