586,113 active members*
3,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 3 Y-Axis Issues...

I recently bought a maxnc CL controller on ebay and Im working on trying to get it functional. I have worked with the maxnc controllers before and I know it took me quite a while to get it functional with mach 3. This one turned out to be fairly simple, most likely becuase I replicated the settings from what I had used before. The only issue I have come across is that I can get both the x and z axis to move without any problems, but when I plug the same motor into the y-axis port on the controller, it vibrates when I try to jog the axis but it will not move. I experienced this before with the other axis when I didnt have the ground plug in contact with the pins but I dont believe that is the issue. I have a hard time believing a component is bad in the circuit becuase I looked inside the box and nothing seemed to be damaged and dint have any signs of heat. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mach 3 Y-Axis Issues...

If the Mach 3 settings are the same in the Y axis as the others, it is not a Mach 3 issue. It is a machine issue. Trouble shoot the electronics by ohming out everything and check the similarities between the Y and the others. If you find a component that gives a different reading, that may be where the trouble is.
    Lee