586,612 active members*
3,610 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 45 of 45 35434445
    I agree the machine is beautiful - but have to disagree with the last post - I have seen some first class wooden machines (MDF) with performance characteristics that are on par with the metal machines. And for entry level and limited budgets, MDF is a wonderful medium to work in.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMTEX View Post
    I agree the machine is beautiful - but have to disagree with the last post - I have seen some first class wooden machines (MDF) with performance characteristics that are on par with the metal machines. And for entry level and limited budgets, MDF is a wonderful medium to work in.
    I'd certainly agree that MDF is good for suiting tight budgets. But I completely disagree with your statement that their performance characteristics are on par with a metal machine. There is no way you will get anywhere near the rigidity with MDF. You won't get the same cut finish, tolerance or match the same performance in material removal. To start with, metal doesn't change in dimension with humidity.

I have two metal machines (widgit & china cnc), and the limit for both is the rigidity. I use them to machine aluminum, acrylic, corian, wood and PCBs. One of them I'm looking to install an additional metal brace across the gantry to reduce the flex. I couldn't use MDF to achieve this.

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm selling my Mini-Router, PM if interested...

Quote Originally Posted by rustamd View Post
    Hello,i was wondering if you might still have the plans or info on where i can get plans for the Wigitmaster,im very interested in this machine and any information would be greatly greatly appreciated.

thanks

Keith.

widgitmasterinc | eBay

Not spamming, that's where you get the plans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C View Post
    widgitmasterinc | eBay

Not spamming, that's where you get the plans though.
    Hey thanks a million man,i greatly greatly appreciate it=)

Keith

Page 45 of 45 35434445