Please forgive me my knowledge of macros is Extremly limited. This may already have been made, or may need to be written. If someone could please point me in the correct direction.

I have a tormach PCNC 1100. I am considering ordering the Tormach Tool changer. My dilema is IF I break a tool in my first operation, I will crash 3-4 other tools afterward, certainly destroying the tools, possibly the parts as well. This is absolutly not an option as the parts I am working on are expensive to replace.

I am interested in integrating a macro to use with the ATC as well as tormach (or aftermarket) tool setter. IDEALLY I would like the machine to check the length of every tool at the end of each operation. And compare this to the length stored previously. If the tool is shorter (or longer) by some specified amount (say .015) then hold untill operator confirms.

I would love to have the tool setter retractable so it doesnt take up any space on my table, but for now I think it will be fine on the table in the corner.

Please let me know where to go from here.

Thanks
Chris