So i bought this mill because it was a rigid solid mill believing i would finish converting it back to a manual mill which i know how to operate. But i got this crazy idea in my mind and i plan to now cnc this machine. Now the machine was originally cnced by spindle wizard in the 60s or 70s but the system is trashed as the computer was destroyed and then a previous owner went and well cut every single air hose and cable they saw as they removed the cnc parts. so anyways i am now left with 3 motors for the axis's, multiple other motors for other things, lots of pnuematic cylinders, a regulator system, and a bunch of random things.I want to ask if anybody can help me identify if these are stepper motors or servo motors and what they are rated for so i can find a drive that will work for them and a power supply i do have a power suply but it has about 1000 wires in it and pc boards that i don't understand at all. They have 6 wires coming out and that is about all i know oh wait and they are heavy.
.Attachment 232796
The restoration part i pretty much get and will be posting as it moves along and i hope somebody can help me with these motors as i would like to use these as i already have the mounts and the z axis mount is quite complicated as it is the spindle not the knee.Another question i have is whats the deal with round ways? Are they good? Here is a picture of the mill as it stands now on the trailer.
Attachment 232808
Btw the straps are removed so that's why they look badly placed in the picture.