586,123 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: mach3

mach3

hi guys,
    i have a chinese cnc machine,it is not fitted with any limiters on any of the axis, the problem i am having is setting up the coordinates for the table size as its my first time with a cnc i am struggling and getting very frustrated, i have followed the mach3 videos but still nothing will click in my head,can so one please tell me in simple terms,

p.s. is there anyone from england on these forums

Re: mach3

You have a Chinese mill, I took some scrap cast iron to the recycle center the other day and got 0.11 cents a pound.
    this might be worth a trip.
    Good Luck with your endeavor
    The Farmer

realy this is the best you can do////please dont waste my time unless you can help..idiot

Quote Originally Posted by viper1753 View Post
    hi guys,
    i have a chinese cnc machine,it is not fitted with any limiters on any of the axis, the problem i am having is setting up the coordinates for the table size as its my first time with a cnc i am struggling and getting very frustrated, i have followed the mach3 videos but still nothing will click in my head,can so one please tell me in simple terms,

p.s. is there anyone from england on these forums
    Post up a few pics of the machine mate and we will see what can be dome to try and help.

Also what machine is it?

P.s. Im from England.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

My chinese machine had no switches until I installed them. You CAN run fine without them. You should watch the "Homing & Limits" video tutorial over and over again. It will "click" eventually. One of the key factors of Mach3 is that you exit and restart mach3 whenever you make changes to any of the settings. The table size is set in the "Soft Limits" setup panel. (Watch THAT video - put in similar numbers - you can put the actual table dimensions in later) Jog the cutting head where you want "home" to be. Turn on the "Machine Coorids" Button, ZERO the DRO's. Click the "REF ALL HOME" then ZERO the DRO's AGAIN. (This is your MACHINE Coords) Turn off the Machine Coords button. Jog the head to the front left corner of a work piece (try to keep this the same location till you get used to it) ZERO the DRO's. (this is you "WORK" Coords). Exit and restart Mach3. Jog up and away from the last position (anywhere). Click the "GoTo Zero" Button. The head SHOULD got to the front left corner of the work piece. It took 3 week for me to get it....don't give up!