586,032 active members*
2,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Mazatrol(g3d) Gurus Where Are You?

Exclamation Mazatrol(g3d) Gurus Where Are You?

Hi All,

Is there anybody out there who really knows how to program Mazatrol in depth, G3D, macros, etc??

Our company has 4 large multi pallet vertical machining centres with Fusion 640M controls.

Trying desperately to find a way to prioritise a macro call/Sub program call from a MAZATROL program. With out a priority number the call is simply left to the last operation which is not what is required.

There must be a way! Please help, any proficient Mazatrol programmer contacts would be fantastic, Australia can be a lonely place! :cheers:

Many Thanks.

I have recently gone from a horizontal machine center(g code) to a Mazatrol Variaxis with the 640T controller. From what I see if you prioritize the tools with in the sub program you can control the machining order as if the sub programs were imbedded with in the main program. Not sure if this helps. Anyone have any idea if it is possible to pass arguments from the main programs to a Mazatrol sub program?

I am no expert, but the PROC END command may allow you to do this. It will not recognize the priority numbers until after the PROC END line. This allows the lines above the PROC END line to be read before the priority numbers are recognized. Don't know if that is what you need, if not, could you be a bit more specific.