586,035 active members*
3,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > no graphics? - pratt whitney tape drill mate 1988 with fanuc 0 MB

no graphics? - pratt whitney tape drill mate 1988 with fanuc 0 MB

Hello,

I have a tape drill mate that I have been using for about nine years as a secondary machine.

I sold my larger machining center and wish to use this as my primary machine, so I am using it for more complicated work with the tool carousel fully loaded.

The Fanuc Operator's manual says I should be able to get graphics. (It was sold to me as having graphics). I even have the aux/graphic key on my control. But when I hit that key, I get an empty screen with the word edit on the bottom, about the third or fourth softkey position. There is no way to set up graphic parameters or call out for graphic output.

Going over the parameters, param 46 bit 5 is zero, param 58 is all zero, param 64 doesn't exist on my control, and params 589-592 and 630/631 are all zeroes.

I have never used the softkeys and don't know if they are even active in the control. But there is an area under the 9" monitor where both the tape drill mate operator manual and the fanuc 0mb manuals show softkeys.

Does anyone know if graphics is an option, or softkeys are an option, or if they are just parameter driven, how to turn them on?

Thanks in advance.

Re: no graphics? - pratt whitney tape drill mate 1988 with fanuc 0 MB

Hello, I recently bought a Pratt and Whitney tape drill senior. Before I could get the power connected it lost everything. Do you have the parameters and the diagnostics that you could send me. I sure would appreciate it. I can reload them from the rs232 port. In a desperate situation.