A local guy has a Mighty Comet 1000 here for sale, but it has a problem and before I even entertain the idea of buying it I wanted to see if it was something I am even capable of resolving. According to the seller the machine was stored for so long that the batteries died on it and the system lost its parameters. Apparently they got the parameters from Mighty and, I forget if those parameters got the axises running, or if those weren't affected to begin with, but the spindle will not turn on nonetheless because they apparently do not have the correct parameters for it despite what they were given by Mighty.

I have no experience with this controller or machine, so I'm trying to figure out if this is a common problem that can be remedied with some advice and a parameter list, or if this is something that requires someone well versed in the controller and/or machine to take care of.

I've poked around the web as best I could and was not able to find any specific info relating to getting an inoperable Mighty back online after it lost its parameters due to battery failure.

Does anyone know enough about these machines or controls to know if this issue can be easily resolved or am I on a path down a rabbit hole? The only reason I suggest the latter is know there can be issues getting support for these machines from the vendor.

Thanks.